Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fan and Force Radiator Guard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Fan and Force Radiator Guard Empty
PostSubject: Fan and Force Radiator Guard   Fan and Force Radiator Guard EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I replaced my first alloy rad guard with a Force one, as it has far better coverage ie protects the bottom rad tank and extends higher.

It fitted easily. But I went to spin the fan by hand and found the upper bracket bolt fouled the fan, jamming it. Whether this was just a peculiarity of my bike - who would know? None of the parts supplied were bent out of the box as far as I could tell. And my bike hasn't been binned yet.

I bent the triangular brace bracket so there was no distortion when the bolts were tightened. Even though those two bolts are very short, they could be even shorter, which would give more clearance to the fan blades.

Back to top Go down
sophijo

Fan and Force Radiator Guard Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Fan and Force Radiator Guard EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks for info..
Back to top Go down

Fan and Force Radiator Guard
Page 1 of 1