Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheelie crash day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
F9Phoenix

F9Phoenix

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:02 pm

A day of wheelie practice goes wrong ... so many lessons learned ...

https://youtu.be/q8njoXjyQ10
Back to top Go down
DorianHellas

DorianHellas

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:33 pm

lol this is why i wont do wheelies yet
Back to top Go down
F9Phoenix

F9Phoenix

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 pm

Worst part is it could have all been avoided or at least made less severe ... had I been wearing my boots and practicing in the dirt, probably wouldn't have been so bad ... Good news is that I've been up and riding again already ...
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Whoa, not a happy ending at all.  Hope one of the lessons you learned (in addition to ATGATT) is that pulling wheelies just for the sake of pulling them, is overrated.  I've never flipped a bike on pavement, but I've replaced more fork seals than I can remember, and have earned a few 'performance awards' from local LEOs when I've pulled the front up without checking the surrounding traffic first.  My street bikes will pull wheelies with just a firm twist on the throttle, but I resist because they just aren't as fun as they were years ago.  

Hope you heal well.
Back to top Go down
F9Phoenix

F9Phoenix

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:18 pm

mollycbr123 wrote:
Whoa, not a happy ending at all.  Hope one of the lessons you learned (in addition to ATGATT) is that pulling wheelies just for the sake of pulling them, is overrated.  I've never flipped a bike on pavement, but I've replaced more fork seals than I can remember, and have earned a few 'performance awards' from local LEOs when I've pulled the front up without checking the surrounding traffic first.  My street bikes will pull wheelies with just a firm twist on the throttle, but I resist because they just aren't as fun as they were years ago.  

Hope you heal well.

Yeah, I hear ya'. I think it's just one of those things that I just wanted to try to improve my overall skills on the bike ... It's gonna be a while before I ever try again though, and if I do, it's going to be on dirt with my boots on ... a lot of lessons learned, for sure ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheelie crash day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheelie crash day   Wheelie crash day Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheelie crash day
Page 1 of 1