Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi fellow WR250 owners!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sswrx

sswrx

Hi fellow WR250 owners! Empty
PostSubject: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:02 pm

I just found this forum a few days ago & decided to sign up. I traded in my 97 YZF600R last month for a new 2009 WR250X. I wanted a lighter bike that was more flexible & I'm still getting used to the totally different feel of the WR. I had no idea that there was enough interest in this bike to have a dedicated forum for it. It's cool!

Last edited by sswrx on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi and welcome! Any mods yet?
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 pm

SpaGuru wrote:
Hi and welcome! Any mods yet?

Yes, I do have a few mods on it. I installed a Yamalink so I have an easier time reaching the ground since I'm short. I also installed a Power Commander III & removed the airbox door & installed a tail rack so I can carry stuff. I see you have a Scotts stabilizer. How does it handle with it on? Does it make the steering heavier & remove the twitchy wiggle feel when you move the bars on a quick manuver?
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 am

WELCOME sswrx,
Sounds like you are going to be a good addition to the brain group & the short group......I too have the yamalink.
Mother earth is good to feel......under your feet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 am

The stabilizer is really not very noticeable at all. It can be adjusted "on the fly" so if I am trail riding, I can turn it down and then turn it back up for the road. It always has high speed damping in effect for the unknown and you can adjust and feel it if you have the bike on a stand and quickly turn the bars. I run these on all my bikes and put this on shortly after I got the bike. I have had cases of death wobble on the street before, usually after big wheelies, and this is cheap insurance against tank slappers.

I am pretty short but was able to get the bike where I wanted it height wise by utilizing the rear height adjustment on the shock yoke, lowering the forks about 10mm, and setting the preload (sag) at about 3". I am 5'10" and wouldnt want the bike any lower, so no Yamalink required here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi fellow WR250 owners!   Hi fellow WR250 owners! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi fellow WR250 owners!
Page 1 of 1