Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello fellow forum members!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tenet250x

Hello fellow forum members! Empty
PostSubject: Hello fellow forum members!   Hello fellow forum members! EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 am

Just a quick hello, and a thank you to anyone that has posted useful info here. I am planning on purchasing a WR250X this spring, and I made the choice based off of the information and links found here. I am 30, back in college, and need a simple (yet flexible and reliable) commuter.

I grew up riding dirt in California's high desert (AV) , but I have never owned a street legal machine. I live in Wisconsin now and have ridden quads since I moved here. However, where I'm at now doesn't have roads marked as ATV trails that allow me to drive all over town (I really miss taking my Warrior to the market or dropping my kid off at school with it on a nice morning). Now, I would like something that can hit the tons of trails we have and the pavement required to get there. Since the majority of my riding will be street, I figure I could swap knobbies as needed. I am also counting on the FI to help with the cold winter starts that this bike will be subjected to.

Before being hooked on the WR by this forum I was in the process of getting a F650gs. I would still like a larger bike to get into some two-up stuff with my wife, but that will have to be in the future when I can afford more than one bike. I think the WR250X is going to be perfect to get me back in the game...

Thanks,

Ryan

***I would love to here of any experience people have had with this bike in the snow and sub-freezing temps! How does it start, best type of tire for snow, etc.? My quads (carbed) like to have a little heat on them before going out in the cold, I'm hoping the fuel injection on the WR250X helps the bike start up easily after sitting outside of my class for a few hours come next winter.***
Back to top Go down

Hello fellow forum members!
Page 1 of 1