Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sag adjustment problems.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

Sag adjustment problems. Empty
PostSubject: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 am

So I swapped my X over to R wheels this winter and decided to loosen up the suspension for more off road riding. I had about 1.5" of sag to start out with. I loosed the nut with the goal of 3" sag. Kept loosening until the nut was all the way to the top of the strut. I still only have 2.5" of sag and the bike is WAY too soft. It also lowered my ride height about an inch or so. I weigh about 185 lbs...Is the spring too heavy? Its the factory spring though! I don't get it! Any tips? Who makes these things better without spending an arm and a leg?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 am

Describe exactly the steps you are taking to get your sag measurements, including how your body is positioned and how the bike is being held up.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:31 am

What he said. Are you checking from fully extended to free sag (no rider) or race sag (fully geared up rider on the bike)?
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:24 pm

I started off by measuring the bike sitting without me on it. I measured from rear axle to helmet lock. I then sat on the seat slightly behind my normal riding position and balanced the bike straight up and down, then measured again.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:11 pm

You need to measure from the helmet lock to the axle when the suspension is fully extended with no weight on the wheel at all, then measure the same spots when your sitting on it to measure your sag right.

You'd have way too much sag with the way you tried to do it.
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 6:22 pm

So 3.5" measured with bike on standand then with me on it on the ground. That would be the issue I'm having then.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 pm

For the 10.6 inches of wheel travel the bike is supposed to have at the rear, 3.5 inches is fine since it is one-third of total travel, which is the norm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sag adjustment problems.   Sag adjustment problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sag adjustment problems.
Page 1 of 1