Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
czajunia

Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side Empty
PostSubject: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Went to get a new set of tyres earlier on today and after getting back home I noticed that the rear wheel axle was installed the other way round meaning axle nut is on the sprocket side rather than the brake side.

I wouldn't think this can affect anything but I thought I'd better check. Is the a specific reason why the nut should be on the sprocket side? Shall I change it or can I just leave it like that?

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Hope it in fact is OK I have run mine either way for a long time. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
czajunia

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Well, good to know there are at least two of us now :) Cheers.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Mine is on the brake side.

Not sure if it really matters. I know on my Strom I reversed it since it made getting the wheel back on easier by using the axle to hold the brake caliper in place while moving the wheel around to line everything up.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 am

All microfiche diagrams I've seen have the nut on the brake side.

I don't see how it could matter much as long as all associated parts are flipped as well.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but I do think I'd switch it around.  Shog 

Now, having the nut of the sprocket side might make removal of nut a little easier for some. Since you're on the sidestand side of the bike.  dunno 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
czajunia

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Yeah, I can see how it can be easier to put the wheel back on with the nut on the sprocket side. I think I will keep it like that for while as it should work just fine. And from what you guys have said so far it doesn't look like there is a reason why it should be one way or another as long as the axle is assembled properly. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 5:20 am

I guess if it's on the brake side you might be able to stand on the spanner to loosen the nut on the trail if it's too tight?  dunno 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side   Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Wheel Axle Nut - Brake or Sproket Side
Page 1 of 1