Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Softer Seat?

Go down 
+4
LordEndo
ejfranz1
xaman
Endurodude41
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Endurodude41

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi, Does anyone know of a softer seat, maybe for touring?
Back to top Go down
xaman

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:10 am

Seat Concepts is your easiest, cheapest, and quickest option. I'm very happy with mine, the stock seat was torture for long rides.

They have different foam densities available, so you can discuss what you want. They are quite good at responding to email inquiries.
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 10:27 pm

I went with the Corbin and it has been great.
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:53 pm

+1 on seat concepts. Takes a little while to break in. Wear cycling shorts as well.
Back to top Go down
jswr450

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 pm

ejfranz1 wrote:

Is it a huge difference? Have you already done a review on the forum. The price seems steep, but Corbin has a great name so I would expect it to be great.
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:05 pm

jswr450 wrote:
ejfranz1 wrote:

Is it a huge difference? Have you already done a review on the forum. The price seems steep, but Corbin has a great name so I would expect it to be great.
After a 1/2 hour on the original seat I was hurting!
With the Corbin I can easley ride for over an hour before I start feeling uncomfortable.
The seat is about an inch lower which allows me to stand flat footed when stopped; I'm 6'2"
Back to top Go down
bracky72

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:15 am

I have a Sargent on mine and it's also very good. Much better then stock.
Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 am

I prefer the standard seat(i have seat concepts) i really dont get the softer seat thing.......harder supports better  deal 
Back to top Go down
xaman

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am

theMISSIONARY wrote:
I prefer the standard seat(i have seat concepts) i really dont get the softer seat thing.......harder supports better  deal 

I have both too, and I'm of the exact opposite opinion. The standard is torturous for anything over 100 miles, but the SC doesn't get torturous until 300+. However, my wife doesn't really mind the stocker, so I understand all butts are different...

I've wondered about this, so do you guys think this might be true --- those with built in personal padding don't mind hard bike seats, while those with boney butts need something softer to help distribute weight off the pressure points?
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:35 am

I had the stock, Seat Concepts kit, and Renazco seats on my WRR.

When I road around town the stock seat was bothersome after about 20 minutes so I went with the Seat Concepts kit and everything seemed to be fine.  Did a lot of DS riding in the area and life was good.

Then I went out to Colorado and rode the COBDR.  There were some stretches of road that required some seat time as opposed to standing up or getting off the seat.  After about an hour of riding my tail bone would begin hurting.  Once I got back I was 'sensitized' to that tail bone pain and noted that it would start to act up within 15 or 20 minutes when I was riding around town.

My buddy has a Renazco seat on his WRR and we had swapped seats for a couple of weeks and I really liked - it no more tailbone pain.  So I bought a stock seat and sent it out to Renazco and once it came back I sold my Seat Concepts seat.  

Life has been good since.

I think the whole seat thing is a rather personal experience/issue.  I generally like firmer seats and my Renazco is firmer than old Seat Concepts seat but I know people that cannot spend any time on a firm seat without some pain.  

Unfortunately I think at the end of the day each person has to experiment around and sees what works for them.  In my case I was very shocked that the Seat Concepts kit didn't work out on my WRR since I have used their kit on my KTM 450 EXC and my Beta 520 RR and have been very pleased.  But then again I am usually not sitting down on those bikes for long stretches of time like I was on the WRR in Colorado.

One thing I have noticed is that as I have gotten older my backside has become more sensitive.  GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 pm

xaman wrote:
theMISSIONARY wrote:

I have both too, and I'm of the exact opposite opinion.  The standard is torturous for anything over 100 miles, but the SC doesn't get torturous until 300+.  However, my wife doesn't really mind the stocker, so I understand all butts are different...

I've wondered about this, so do you guys think this might be true --- those with built in personal padding don't mind hard bike seats, while those with boney butts need something softer to help distribute weight off the pressure points?

well  poser2  according to the wife i dont have a big ass  poser2 

i do however have a broken tail bone  deal 
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:12 pm

The Corbin seat is not really softer, just more supportive. My tail bone is not irrated by it. The stock seat it too soft and un supportive.

My son at first was not happy that I changed the seat, but he learned to like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Softer Seat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Softer Seat?   Softer Seat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Softer Seat?
Page 1 of 1