Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

TPS adjustment

Go down 
+3
bambo
Fuzzy Wrench
Skithis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Checked my tps settings today and found it to be 15-97. Adjusted it to 19-102 and went for a ride making sure I didn't give more than just over idle throttle and it rode amazingly smooth! BUT, the throttle would stick if I went to WOT with the engine off. Adjusted it back to 16-99 and no sticking throttle but 16 is as high as I can get it without the throttle binding slightly. Its still jerky at this setting. Is there any way or has anybody figured out how to get the lower number to come up without blowing out the top?!?!
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 pm

may i ask how you're adjusting your tps? are you moving the tps or just fiddling with the throttle cable? adjusting the cable may cause the throttle plate to get "stuck" on the throttle stop...as far as i'm concerned, 15-97 is good, (15-19, 95-100 limits)...if you have to, adjust the tps by moving/setting the tps itself..
it depends on the issue or what you're trying to achieve...
Back to top Go down
Skithis

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 2:31 pm

I was adjusting the TPS sensor itself to change the settings. Word has it that if you get the idle number up to 19 or 20 the on-off throttle jerkiness gets way better. It seems some people can get theirs up to 19 or 20 without going over 100 at full throttle.
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 1:22 pm

I've been wondering about the same thing, mine was 15-97 stock also and got it to 17-99 but wanted to see if there's a way to get it to 18-19... dunno 
Back to top Go down
Biglake

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Bumping the idle speed up to 1900-2000 rpms with the CO setting on 5 or 6 fixed the on-off throttle jerkyness on mine, this worked good enough for me, I never even looked at the tps setting.
Back to top Go down
beee

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 pm

The throttle sticks because you didn't loosen the screws holding the tps sensor and rotate it in a twisting motion. When you hit on it to move the sensor with a punch it doesn't rotate properly and it binds. Sooo what I did is take the seat off to get to one screw from the top, and the other screw can be reached near the exhaust. Hit on one until it starts to bind, then tap the other to recenter the tps. Hope that made sense. I was able to rotate to 23% at idle 103% full throttle with no binding with this method, I could have rotated farther. Not sure what the downsides of rotating it out of spec are, it didn't make much of a change for me. Maybe got a little better around 19%, didn't notice much change from 19-23%

I have heard multiple times that going over 100% will cause it to bind, or engine damage, or who knows what else. Like I said if the tps isn't centered on the throttle body it will bind, it has nothing to do with being rotated to far.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 1:50 am

My throttle was binding and I lightly tapped the tps and it cured it (just pure luck)
I will however try to properly adjust by loosening the screws.
The one screw is reachable..the other appears to almost impossible without a special tool.
Back to top Go down
mumixam

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:08 pm

I got my 08 250x a few months ago as my first bike and ive been learning to ride on it, so far i love it except for the on / off jerky throttle.

At first i thought this was just me being a bike noob but i ran across this TPS thread and another one about the jerky throttle and how it can be fixed / helped with proper tps adjustment.

I checked mine for the first time today and found a reading of 15/95 and thought well theres the problem.

While searching for a solution to this problem i saw that theres also a CO mode you can get into if you put a jumper on the lean angle sensor when entering diag mode. Should i even bother messing with those settings or just worry about fixing the tps setting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TPS adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: TPS adjustment   TPS adjustment Empty

Back to top Go down

TPS adjustment
Page 1 of 1