Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r fork question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DorianHellas

DorianHellas

wr250r fork question Empty
PostSubject: wr250r fork question   wr250r fork question EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:28 pm

wr250r fork question 346lv21
What is this item that I have circled? It's on the bottom of the gold part of the 2010 WR250R. It can be removed with a flathead screwdriver, and can separate. When looking at a forts part list http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2010/WR250R+-+WR25RZL/FRONT+FORK/parts.html the part is listed as 21, 42 and is described as PROTECTER GUIDE COMP., 1.

I just want to know what this item is, what happens if this item breaks, and what solution there is if this item breaks rather than spending $15 + shipping for another one.....
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: wr250r fork question   wr250r fork question EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 6:34 am

As was answered in your other thread, it's there as a guide for the plastic fork guard that will rub against it as the fork moves up and down.
If it's not there, them the fork guard would eventually gouge the fork leg.

The odds of needing a new one anytime soon are slim, and I don't see a need for having to remove it.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: wr250r fork question   wr250r fork question EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 8:35 am

I augment this with a tightly applied zip tie and a realignment of the guard using a hair drier to heat it and them tweak it to improve clearance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r fork question   wr250r fork question Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r fork question
Page 1 of 1