Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Code 19 (sidestand code)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Code 19 (sidestand code) Empty
PostSubject: Code 19 (sidestand code)   Code 19 (sidestand code) EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:20 pm

I have recently gotten a code 19 happening on one day only.
I have not tripped the code since that one day that i had issues. The bike would not start until tuning the key a few times to clear the code. I had to do that on one day a week ago, and never seen it since.
curious....
I know the code says sidestand, but I don't believe it is the actual sidestand switch that is the problem.
My question is this:
does anyone know what is connected to the sidestand circuit (wiring) to the ECU? where else could the problem lie. If someone knows all the switches connected to that circuit, then I could check those at their source as well. I have done some cleaning of the connections from the sidestand switch to the main wiring harness but want to check and clean any other spots that would be included in that code 19 trip.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Code 19 (sidestand code)   Code 19 (sidestand code) EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 am

Code 19 seems to be a generic electrical trouble code, as I had it come up and a search here and on ADV shows a few others with the issue. In none of those cases was it actually sidestand switch related.

In my particular case, the bike was running fine and starting fine. Due to mileage, I had the valves checked and a new plug installed. and immediately afterwards the code showed up. The bike would not start with the error code displayed but it would crank over. If I cycled the key 5-10 times eventually the code would clear and once it cleared, the bike would start with no problem. Once it would start, it ran great and never stalled or missed.

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out the issue. Ultimately, I replaced the 'new' plug with another plug and the problem went away (it has since stayed away for the past month and 1000+ miles).

In my case, then, the plug was the issue. I'd suggest you start by double checking the connections, then replacing it. It is kind of hard to seat the plug wire on the plug, I think; I use a appropriately sized socket and hold it over the plug connection and seat it with a sharp rap from a mallet.

Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

PostSubject: Re: Code 19 (sidestand code)   Code 19 (sidestand code) EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:56 am

MeefZah wrote:
Code 19 seems to be a generic electrical trouble code, as I had it come up and a search here and on ADV shows a few others with the issue.  In none of those cases was it actually sidestand switch related.

In my particular case, the bike was running fine and starting fine.  Due to mileage, I had the valves checked and a new plug installed. and immediately afterwards the code showed up.  The bike would not start with the error code displayed but it would crank over.  If I cycled the key 5-10 times eventually the code would clear and once it cleared, the bike would start with no problem.   Once it would start, it ran great and never stalled or missed.

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out the issue.  Ultimately, I replaced the 'new' plug with another plug and the problem went away (it has since stayed away for the past month and 1000+ miles).  

In my case, then, the plug was the issue.  I'd suggest you start by double checking the connections, then replacing it.  It is kind of hard to seat the plug wire on the plug, I think; I use a appropriately sized socket and hold it over the plug connection and seat it with a sharp rap from a mallet.

Thanks for the tip MeefZah.
Cycling the ignition did it for me as well. I have not had the issue come back though since that one day it was happening.
Seems odd that the plug would trip the sidestand code, but it seems that there was someone else that had to change the plug on theirs as well.
Hmmmm.....

BTW, I love your Photo thread. You ride like I do.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Code 19 (sidestand code)   Code 19 (sidestand code) EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Torontorocko wrote:

Thanks for the tip MeefZah.
Cycling the ignition did it for me as well. I have not had the issue come back though since that one day it was happening.
Seems odd that the plug would trip the sidestand code, but it seems that there was someone else that had to change the plug on theirs as well.
Hmmmm.....

BTW, I love your Photo thread. You ride like I do.

Thanks for the compliment.  freaky 

If it literally just happened the one time I'd be inclined to think it was an anomaly. In my case, it was about 1:3 starts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Code 19 (sidestand code)   Code 19 (sidestand code) Empty

Back to top Go down

Code 19 (sidestand code)
Page 1 of 1