Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error Code "E"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nl_Beats

Error Code "E"  Empty
PostSubject: Error Code "E"    Error Code "E"  EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm new to this forum, I signed up because I've been having problems with my bike and hopefully someone has come across this problem before and knows how to fix it.

The display on my 2008 WR250X has recently stopped working and whenever the bike is running (it runs fine) the only thing showing on the display is a blinking "E". I brought it to the local Yamaha dealer and they said my only option is to replace the entire display. Has anyone ever experienced this/know how to fix this problem?

I haven't done much maintenance on the bike before other than fluid changes so don't mind me if I don't know what you're talking about right away, but I'm not afraid to take the whole thing apart if I have a good enough set of instructions.
Back to top Go down
Old Blue

Error Code "E"  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Code "E"    Error Code "E"  EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 pm

I recall reading some previous posts that if the battery were allowed to go completely dead, the display would not read correctly.  Speedometer was way off and such.  The fix seems to be a new display from Yamaha.
Back to top Go down

Error Code "E"
Page 1 of 1