Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Jumping an x from a car battery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Jumping an x from a car battery Empty
PostSubject: Jumping an x from a car battery   Jumping an x from a car battery EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Been away for a month and the battery on my x is dead. Will I do it any harm by jumping it from my car battery?? I wouldn't think it would hurt anything but wanted to check before I do the deed.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Jumping an x from a car battery   Jumping an x from a car battery EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 2:34 pm

I've never done it, but in theory it shouldn't cause any damage. Leave the car turned off. The bike should see 12Vor more from the car battery and draw whatever current it needs to spin the starter.

But don't blame me if it explodes..  hide 
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Jumping an x from a car battery   Jumping an x from a car battery EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:07 pm

it should work to start but be aware that if your battery is very dead, it may put an extra demand on your charging system and unless you're off riding for a few hours, your battery may not see a full charge...make sure you charge that battery completely..
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Jumping an x from a car battery   Jumping an x from a car battery EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Fuzzy Wrench wrote:
it should work to start but be aware that if your battery is very dead, it may put an extra demand on your charging system and unless you're off riding for a few hours, your battery may not see a full charge...make sure you charge that battery completely..
Thanks Fuzzy. Started right up and I did a 2 hr ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping an x from a car battery   Jumping an x from a car battery Empty

Back to top Go down

Jumping an x from a car battery
Page 1 of 1