Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New bike; new problems! Or are there?

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
motokid
SkylandClyde
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bike; new problems! Or are there?   New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 5:21 am

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SkylandClyde

PostSubject: Re: New bike; new problems! Or are there?   New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:37 pm

motokid wrote:
Yo  - clickity  --- > https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t2567-how-to-post-pictures-you-took?highlight=pictures

and -- > click me too

Wow, it's really easy to do once you know how to do it. Here's a bunch of pictures of my bike and what's going on/what's gone on with this pup:

Below is a picture of my bike how I normally ride. I always carry a miniature hiking backback on me and stick it on the front of my tank. I'm not forking out $200+ dollars on a "motorcycle bag". This is quick and easy to access my dollars for the bridge, cellphone, etc. You can see the stunt bar in the back -- that I haven't used once. Maybe one day when I'm done working out the kinks and add more protection to the bike.  Peace YAM 

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140412_223248_zps4e875f02

I pulled off the subframe and this happened. Whoops! This sensor costs about $75 bucks. I'm ebaying it! There's only one guy on there so hopefully he'll accept my bid!

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_182509_zpsd35f5cf8

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_182524_zps5ea601cd

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_182845_zpsdf185a19

I'm unsure of where this line is suppose to go to/where it's coming from. Maybe it's from the smog/ais removal thing the previous owner did. Gotta love people that don't tell you they've done anything to the bike only to find things later! dddog 

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_182538_zps0048c71e

I'm unsure of what this is that's also capped off. I'm still doing the research. Haven't found the right diagram yet. It's under the seat on top of the airbox.

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_183250_zps541f1d89

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_183313_zps405c4f74

Super-naked. I'm repainting everything, as mentioned. I have the bike covered up right now. I have to finish up the painting today. I'm excited to see the final result AND what it'll look like with some decals when it's done. Pretty sweet. Btw, I wish the bike was as light as it is without the subframe, haha. That would be REAL fun.

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_190050_zps30369dc1

Oil cap that I, admittedly, ordered without paying attention. Oh well. Looks nifty and it's additional protection. And "bling".

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140416_194329_zpse49d59b1

Original oil drain before and after. It was stripped to holy hell. Again, I wasn't aware until the first oil change I did (I didn't want to believe the previous owner he had did it since he's lied about basically everything else.) I made it worse but eventually got it off. Then I ordered a REALLY strong magnetic oil drain bolt. I can pick up a hammer with it EASILY. So here's a picture of the extreme difference between stock and the new bolt and a small example of it's strength.

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140421_182520_zps9bf0add3

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140421_161341_zps7e0b4fbc

New 3-finger pivoting control levers. Very nifty and needed. My only issue is, on the stock, there's a screw that adjusts the amount of pressure applied to the brake and the new one doesn't. Any way I can adjust the amount of force applied to the front brake now? I might have to get rid of these sooner than later because after a month I noticed I have to squeeze the front brake harder. Front brake looks good too.

https://s1372.photobucket.com/user/Skyland_Clyde/media/CYMERA_20140421_190948_zpsfadc0b17.jpg.html

Here's the new fairings. The side panels for the airbox and the front forks are a slightly off-white. This color is in between a smoke gray/black.

New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 CYMERA_20140522_220744_zps7e217e91
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike; new problems! Or are there?   New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:53 am

SkylandClyde wrote:

Problem #2:

My brakes seem to really suck. The pads look fine. I have to press down REAL far on my brakes to get the bike to slow down more. Same with my front brake. Is this where I need to start bleeding the brakes? This wasn't happening a month ago. And I have full brake fluid so that can't be the case.

I had a similar problem with my front brakes. They had gotten fork oil on them when the fork seals were leaking. I tried bleeding the brakes and cleaning the pads off but ended up with new pads. Now the brakes work fine.
Back to top Go down
SkylandClyde

PostSubject: Re: New bike; new problems! Or are there?   New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:24 pm

dhally wrote:
SkylandClyde wrote:

Problem #2:

My brakes seem to really suck. The pads look fine. I have to press down REAL far on my brakes to get the bike to slow down more. Same with my front brake. Is this where I need to start bleeding the brakes? This wasn't happening a month ago. And I have full brake fluid so that can't be the case.

I had a similar problem with my front brakes.  They had gotten fork oil on them when the fork seals were leaking.  I tried bleeding the brakes and cleaning the pads off but ended up with new pads.  Now the brakes work fine.

I may have to do the same. I haven't been able to really look into any problems with the overheating lately because I'm totally re-doing my bike. Just ordered a new seat, skateboard wheels for DIY axle sliders, new handlebars, etc. Big change-up. Hopefully when I replace the brakes everything will go back to normal. It's a real pain in the butt braking as-is now, especially with a passenger, but I just ride a bit slower and its not too too bad. Still upgrading the brakes anyway :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike; new problems! Or are there?   New bike; new problems! Or are there? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New bike; new problems! Or are there?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2