Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S.Myrr

Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work Empty
PostSubject: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Hello! Just did the above mods last night wondering what my issue is... I get a weird tin foil type rattle at low RPM acceleration. Goes away at high RPM and really only happens when accelerating. The airbox flapper is glued down and secure, I put a piece of tube in the helmet lock to secure it from rattling (rule out), the Q4 spark arrestor is secure. I have a programmer installed also and it seems secure. Thoughts anybody? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Also, all the associated exup/ais stuff has been taken off the bike... FWIW.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm not sure what a tin foil type sound sounds like.
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Ha yeah hard to describe basically like if you had a large piece of foil and waved it around....a really tinny rattle almost like wind over paper...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Did you buy the Q4 and Powerbomb brand new, or is it used stuff?

Is the AIS block-off plate solid and well mounted?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 7:56 pm

The q4 and bomb are new - yep the plate looks good.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 9:59 pm

I am wondering if you are hearing induction noise.. Now that the flapper is glued down you will get more noise.
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Maybe so - it doesn't sound like any induction noise I've heard before but it's certainly possible. Gonna check everything out again tonight. Lots of work was done yesterday so rattles are certainly possible.

I should also say thank you to the community for the all the DIY guides out especially wrrdualsport.com so awesome to have all this knowledge. Huge help.
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Got my plate in yesterday and tossed the temp one... tightened everything down again. Placed a couple washers at the Q4 midpipe to shorten the bolt and ensure no frame contact. All told I think the rattle is gone. One thing for sure is that this exhaust tends to rattle the whole bike a bit more. Better to be safe than sorry so I went over everything to make sure. Seems good now thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work   Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work Empty

Back to top Go down

Tin foil type sound after Q4/Powerbomb/AIS/EXUP work
Page 1 of 1