Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

EXUP... when will it work?

Go down 
+2
WeaveR
mtb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mtb

mtb

EXUP... when will it work? Empty
PostSubject: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 4:37 am

I've got the cut-n-paste project done, and I've put back the EXUP (servo motor + the exhaust valve)

Now the question is:

When will it actually work?

After I plug in everything, I start the engine... nothing moves

I ran the diagnostic No 53, it turns from OPEN to CLOSE one time, and that was it

I engaged in gear and did a stationary slow run on the sidestand, I didn't see it move

So when will it actually move? scratch
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:35 am

Can one kind soul verify the following for me please?

1. Does your EXUP valve looks like this when key OFF?
EXUP... when will it work? Photo04092

2. In the above photo, you can see markings 1 and 2 (1 is below)... Is your "1" connected with the BLACK tip cable whereas "2" connected with SILVER tip cable?

3. Are both cables tight? or one of them is loose? Which one then?

4. When you turn the key on, does it move at all?

Thanks a million
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:45 am

A little update:

I took my X out for a spin... at idle, noise level is slightly lower thanks to the smaller ID of the mid-pipe... but not significantly (which I was hoping for)

On the move, I can't watch the valve, but the mid-range "HIT" seems to be stronger than before.... but I am not sure whether it was because of the EXUP or the pipe size...

But one weird observation:

After the key is turned on and the fuel pump kicks in, the servo (battery side) produces some buzzing sound, and I can see the cable "1" moves a little bit... Is this normal?

Will someone with stock pipe please take a few minutes off your time and verify the "sound" and "movement" of the EXUP valve (the exhaust part) and let me know so that I can send my X to the dyno?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 am

mtb wrote:
Can one kind soul verify the following for me please?

1. Does your EXUP valve looks like this when key OFF? Yes
EXUP... when will it work? Photo04092

2. In the above photo, you can see markings 1 and 2 (1 is below)... Is your "1" connected with the BLACK tip cable whereas "2" connected with SILVER tip cable? Yes

3. Are both cables tight? or one of them is loose? Which one then? Both have little slack, #1 is a little looser

4. When you turn the key on, does it move at all? No, doesn't move when reving engine in neutral either

Thanks a million You're welcome, maybe cross post this info on the other two sites ?
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks Weaver! thumb

Sorry that I got anxious and decided to perform the ultimate triple post Shog

One more question...

Since you mentioned that your cables have slacks... do you experience the buzzing sound and jerk in the vid below?

Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Glad that worked out for you mtb. Looks like you did a good job. thumb

Now get that thing on a dyno so we can compare curves. dddog Very happy
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Yes Sir, after I make sure everything is in order, I will send my baby to the dyno Very happy
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 pm

mtb wrote:

Since you mentioned that your cables have slacks... do you experience the buzzing sound and jerk in the vid below?

[/quote]

I didn't check the servo, only the valve.... be right back...

you're not going to like my answer..... no, the sevro does not move or buzz...

as far as the slack in the cable?.... not much, but you can still move/wiggle them up and down maybe not quite 2mm
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 pm

WeaveR wrote:

I didn't check the servo, only the valve.... be right back...

you're not going to like my answer..... no, the sevro does not move or buzz...

as far as the slack in the cable?.... not much, but you can still move/wiggle them up and down maybe not quite 2mm

Thanks Weaver...

Hmmm... even with too much slack, your servo motor does not buzz nor jerk? scratch

Sounds like my servo motor is screwed! baldy

Time to borrow a servo motor from a friend and test it out

Oh ya btw Weaver, you might want to tighten the cables a little as the service manual says there should be 0mm slack in the cables
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:08 pm

my X has about 400 miles.... got other ponies to please too.... I doubt the cables are out of spec...

Zero slack eh? would that be a "twang" or an E-minor when I pluck the strings? Suspect

just kidding... I'll keep that in mind
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

I think I am liking this setup thumb

I persuaded a friend to be the passenger and observe the valve movements today

The combined weight was about 130KG or more (me=75KG Shog ... him=55KG or more based on eye-balling him poser2 )

After riding around slowly so that he can look at the valve, I started to open the X up

It pulled STRONG!!

and my friend was holding onto me like a EXUP... when will it work? Australia_Picture_of_Koala_Bear

poser2 poser2 poser2

He mentioned that it pulled stronger than his setup (13-48)

So... if you have some time and feel like doing some modification, I will strongyl suggest this mod to you thumb

(Dyno results should be coming this weekend if the weather permits)

Last edited by mtb on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo error XD)
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:19 am

mtb wrote:
So... if you have some time and feel like doing some modification, I will strong suggest this mod to you thumb

(Dyno results should be coming this weekend if the weather permits)
What mod, precisely, are you referring to? Your first post at the top of the thread only says this:
I've got the cut-n-paste project done, and I've put back the EXUP (servo motor + the exhaust valve)
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:45 am

Jäger wrote:

What mod, precisely, are you referring to? Your first post at the top of the thread only says this:

I am sorry... this is the mod

cut (the stock exhaust) and paste (to the aftermarket exhaust) wink

EXUP... when will it work? Photo0410m

I didn't cut the mid-pipe of my aftermarket exhaust system (Delta) because I was not very sure about the effect of putting the EXUP back, and I could choose to go back to full aftermarket system if the experiment fails....

However, it looks like the results will be very pleasant, and I might just cut out the EXUP and put it to the Delta mid-pipe to complete the look
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 5:46 am

Interesting video. I expected the EXUP to move much more than it did.

Nice Chuck's too. cheers

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes, that was an interesting video. I expected it to move more too. But then I didn't hear you really get on it hard through the gears. Maybe it works more at higher RPM's in lower gears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXUP... when will it work?   EXUP... when will it work? Empty

Back to top Go down

EXUP... when will it work?
Page 1 of 1