Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
S.Myrr

Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb Empty
PostSubject: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:52 pm

Hello - just installed a new Q4 package w/ the Powerbomb the other day.... the system is a bit louder than I would like. If I switch out the Powerbomb for the Megabomb will I notice any reduction in sound? Probably have to sell the Powerbomb on the bay if so.... thoughts?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:18 pm

I think it would change the tone and maybe the dB output slightly, but nothing dramatic in my experience as I've used FMF Q4 mufflers with both of those headers, one on a WR-250R and one on a WR-250X.

I also believe that if a rider feels the Q4 is too loud, just go back to the stock muffler because I know of no quieter aftermarket muffler.
Actually, when I eventually sold my 2008 WR-250R with the Q4 and Powerbomb header and the guy who came up to see and test ride the bike was pulling out of the driveway and then headed down the road, I remember thinking to myself how reasonable the exhaust noise output was.

Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. Today I popped in some ear plugs and all was well...quite nice actually. Just curious if it was a dramatic difference. This and I have a Suomy MX Tourer helmet on the way that should help out a lot as i'm using an open faced MX helmet now! I really like how the bike feels now after the Q4/Powerbomb so if it's not night/day then I will probably not switch out to the Mega. Thanks for the feedback though!

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:58 pm

I find the angle of the outlet on the Q4 makes the bike sound loud to the rider when its actually fairly quiet.

I think my bike is loud when riding it but the guys I race with tell me its very quiet and they cant hear me coming at all.
Back to top Go down
S.Myrr

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:04 am

You have a good point - the wife was following me in her car yesterday and she even said it didn't sound that loud. I was even making a point of being loud at that time...
Back to top Go down
Rockrider

Rockrider

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:13 am

[quote="YZEtc"]I think it would change the tone and maybe the dB output slightly, but nothing dramatic in my experience as I've used FMF Q4 mufflers with both of those headers, one on a WR-250R and one on a WR-250X.

I also believe that if a rider feels the Q4 is too loud, just go back to the stock muffler because I know of no quieter aftermarket muffler.
Actually, when I eventually sold my 2008 WR-250R with the Q4 and Powerbomb header and the guy who came up to see and test ride the bike was pulling out of the driveway and then headed down the road, I remember thinking to myself how reasonable the exhaust noise output was.

Sounds like you have some experience with these pipes. What would you recommend for streeet and trail riding? I would consider myself to be an advanced rider if it matters.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Go with the FMF Q4 muffler and either of the FMF header pipes, which ever you can afford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb   Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb Empty

Back to top Go down

Q4 w/ Powerbomb vs Megabomb
Page 1 of 1