Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel Programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
paragone

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Noob question. I recently bought a 08 WR250R. Everything is stock except for a GYTR exhaust. I'm not an aggressive rider so I don't care for all the performance mods. So my questions are…

Do I need a fuel programmer if I have aftermarket exhaust? Can I ride with just the exhaust without doing any damage to the motor? I've read on other forums that not having it with an aftermakret exhaust could effect the motor

Thank you for the help and support.

J

Last edited by paragone on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:43 pm

You're not going to hurt it with just a pipe, even with air box mods it still won't be lean enough to hurt it.
Back to top Go down
paragone

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks my man… Do you feel the fuel programmer is worth the $$$???
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 10:11 pm

The programmers are to correct the AF ratio once you start modifying the bike from it's original design. If you don't plan to do any more than the pipe, then you really should not need it. The stock bike is a hoot & will do almost anything, but if you start lusting after more,
the performance gains of the pipe & opening up the air box plus proper tuning will make you smile. Is it worth spending the money? Depends on your situation/finances/riding....

In my case I'm pretty far from stock & needed a programmer to make the air/fuel ratio correct.
Back to top Go down
paragone

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Appreciate the help! I'll see later down the line what I want to do. Maybe I might change my mind. This is my first motorcycle EVER so I am just looking to get my feet wet.  thumb 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel Programmer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel Programmer   Fuel Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel Programmer
Page 1 of 1