Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Supermoto going to sand dunes!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GunMetal87

Supermoto going to sand dunes! Empty
PostSubject: Supermoto going to sand dunes!   Supermoto going to sand dunes! EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:42 pm

I got my custom sand paddle tire from Skat-Trak today! I'm going to the Oregon sand dunes first week in August. Will take lots of pics and video!

[img]Supermoto going to sand dunes! Paddle[/img]

Viper paddles, 130-80-17 tire same size as my Michelin t63.
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: Supermoto going to sand dunes!   Supermoto going to sand dunes! EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 1:03 am

did you make it???
Back to top Go down
GunMetal87

PostSubject: Re: Supermoto going to sand dunes!   Supermoto going to sand dunes! EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Yes I made it... sorry for the very late update I bought a house shortly after the trip and it needed a lot of fixing..

So it worked but it sucked. The only reason it did not work well is the front tire/wheel is to fat it makes steering very difficult it wants to wash out on you at the slightest movement. Also because its fat its like jet skiing.. as soon as you let off the throttle it instantly grabs and sinks trying to throw you over the handle bars.

After getting the hang of it, it was manageable just not as fun as my brothers KLX with a proper front dirt wheel/tire and big bore.
So I will not be bringing my bike back to the dunes until I can afford the front dirt wheel and big bore kit. I will try to find the video I made last year riding on the dunes on my bike and post it.

ON a side note... I just got back this weekend from this years dunes trip and by buddy brought his YZ250 and OMG the power is nuts!! its got a recluse clutch and not having engine braking was really weird but damn that thing just wants to fly it didn't even need a paddle tire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supermoto going to sand dunes!   Supermoto going to sand dunes! Empty

Back to top Go down

Supermoto going to sand dunes!
Page 1 of 1