Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????

Go down 
+3
ajsalida
rsteiger
motokid
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:36 pm

DERP !!!!!  BOOM 

I'm an ass.  budah  When I switched from Distanzia's to the Bridgestones I did not re-calibrate my speedoDRD unit.

I thought I checked to see how much difference going from 150 to 140 on the rear would make and it was no different.

I rechecked today and sure enough there's about a 2% difference in the offset numbers.

I just recalibrated the speedoDRD unit.

Full tank of gas today.

I'm betting/hoping my decrease in mpg was related to the new rear tire size but not re-calibrating the speedo. Fingers crossed.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ajsalida

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Wow that would be a lot easier explanation! Glad you found it.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

I filled up today 1.1 gal for 71 miles = 64.5 mpg. My light comes on way before 90 miles though. I already sent you my map, don't think you tried it. You hadn't last I asked.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 12:24 am

Something that puts us all to shame..

The girlfriend rides a 2002 Super Sherpa 250. We were doing some DS riding around the Tellico Plains and when we hit the 90 mile mark I figured she needed to hit a gas station since we had filled up in the morning and she is running a stock tank.

Right at 100 miles we pulled into a gas station.

I took a little under 2 gallons and she took 1.05 gallons to fill up.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 am

Dude, honestly I was going to ask when I first read your post if you changed tires or anything, but I figured it was too obvious.  Very happy Tire wear over time also has an affect. You can lose an inch off the diameter from a new tire to an old one. It might be small, but a difference of 4 or 5 miles per tank with only 1.5 gallon fillups makes a noticeable difference in fuel economy numbers.

On my old SV650, I changed the front tire profile from a 60 to a 70 and it shortened my daily commute by almost a mile! (the speedo sensor was on the front wheel)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 am

I know.... I swear I'm an ass.

I absolutely KNOW I checked the 12 o'clocklabs setup calculator when I switched tires.

I think I looked at the wrong "correction factor" number, and did not scroll to bottom of page to see the overall re-calculation number.  baldy baldy baldy 

We'll see. Give me a tank full of gas or three to judge if everything is/was OPERATOR ERROR !!!!!!!

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ajsalida

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 am

OP: That is pretty funny.

Hey if you get a chance let us all know how you like the 009 map and the accel pump. I felt like the accel pump improved overall response but it might have been placebo effect.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 10:43 am

ajsalida wrote:
OP: That is pretty funny.

Hey if you get a chance let us all know how you like the 009 map and the accel pump.  I felt like the accel pump improved overall response but it might have been placebo effect.

You have me thinking now that I may want to go back to the GSXR can and map that I have and check to see if the accel pump feature is enabled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????    Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has a PCV and gets 60+ mpg ????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: