Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A birthday present from my wife!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
r6realtor

A birthday present from my wife!! Empty
PostSubject: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:16 am

Brand new left over 2013 yz250f!! I had been eyeing for a while at my local dealer and my wife must have picked up on me talking/researching it for about a week or two now,  She had it delivered to our door while my family was over for my b-day party, I freaking love it!! Don't get me wrong still love the wr and will probably never get rid of it but there is an out of this world difference between these 250's, It will just power wheelie in every gear although I haven't tried it in 5th. I have a few things coming for it but for the most part leaving this one kind of stock, just ordered an exhaust for the wr250r last week too, will have some pics once that comes in.
A birthday present from my wife!! WU7kM1S
A birthday present from my wife!! VkpOBCU
A birthday present from my wife!! XAs2yLq
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:56 am

Wow.
That's a fantastic gift from your wife.
I'd probably go into cardiac arrest if I walked in the door and saw that... :)

Yup, the YZ-250F is another world in performance.
Have fun with it, and be sure to become familiar with the excellent book the bike came with (Owner's Service Manual).
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:12 am

Happy Birthday !!!

P.S. She's a keeper !!!!
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:36 am

YZEtc wrote:
Wow.
That's a fantastic gift from your wife.
I'd probably go into cardiac arrest if I walked in the door and saw that...  :)

Yup, the YZ-250F is another world in performance.
Have fun with it, and be sure to become familiar with the excellent book the bike came with (Owner's Service Manual).
Lol oh yeah that bike is also in a whole other world maintenance wise, rode it for about 25 min came home and dropped the oil, took the screen filter out, etc.. I'm sure I won't do that everytime but I figure while new and breaking in I will flush it out the best I can, you hear so many different stories of how long the bike will actually last piston and ring wise, so I'm tryin to get the most out of mine.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 pm

If you are a for-fun rider who is not racing in an Intermediate or Expert or Pro class, and if you service the air filter after every ride (as you should with any dirt bike) and change the oil at reasonable intervals, it will last you a long time before a teardown is required.
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

definitely good to hear, thats been the only thing scaring me about the bike, I am a maintenance freak even with the wr usually change the oil every other ride, I feel I push the wr pretty hard,, it probably doesnt need it but I do it. Realistically how often are these valves gonna need adjustment? I hear guys say I have never once even checked mine and they have 80-100 plus hours! Supposedly??
its absolutely amazing how light this bike is too.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:37 pm

A weekend warrior can check valve clearances once a season.

On both of the Yamaha WR-250Fs I've owned and rode a lot, I'd check it over the winter.
Never had to make an adjustment on either one.

A big point is to not let dirt into the engine.

In my opinion, a lot of the horror stories come from guys who whoop the shit out of any dirt bike, let the dirt pour into the intake, and tend to not do squat for maintenance or not do any until something is already worn out and making funny noises.
Time will be spent on picking out the correct set of sweet graphics so the bike will look mint.
Back to top Go down
r6realtor

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:46 pm

YZEtc wrote:
A weekend warrior can check valve clearances once a season.

On both of the Yamaha WR-250Fs I've owned and rode a lot, I'd check it over the winter.
Never had to make an adjustment on either one.

A big point is to not let dirt into the engine.
got it, yeah thats about what I will be because of work, this new FL track and trails is suppose to open up soon in my area they are supposed have 5 separate tracks and like 50miles of trails so Im hoping to just kind of practice on the track most likely won't really race but would like to jump and stuff. My WR will still be my main ride but after riding the yz for just a bit..the light weight and power are just insane, I was just kind of putting along in forth gear(30-40 mph) and just nailed it and it just power wheelies, I could not believe it! your talking major work from the clutch and bouncing on the front suspension with all the throttle you have to get the wr up like that.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Yesirree, quite a difference between a dual-purpose bike and a motocross bike.
Have fun and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Davo

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:46 am

Wives like that are AWESOME!!!!!!! In 2000 my wife bought me a Yamaha R1 for Fathers Day. She had worked it out with a bunch of the employees of the dealership and they all completely surprised me. I went to a couple of bike nights shortly after that and ran into several people who had heard about "some guy" whose wife bought him an R1 for fathers day. They freaked when they found out it was me. That was SOOO cool.

You're a LUCKY guy,

Davo
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:05 am

I rode a YZ 250 for three or four years before I got the WR.  I sold it a few months after getting the WR because I got tired of having to follow my local dual sport riding group out to the boonies with the YZ in the trailer.  I was a bit disappointed with the lack of power of the WR when I first got it, but soon found out the WR can hold it's own, particularly in the tight stuff.

Yeah the little YZ is definitely a wheelie monster. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A birthday present from my wife!!   A birthday present from my wife!! Empty

Back to top Go down

A birthday present from my wife!!
Page 1 of 1