Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Recommendations?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lotsofwheels

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 pm

I really like my WR² , but it isn't exactly the best touring bike for 2-up. We have a Goldwing, but inspite of it being a great tourer, I really don't like it. It isn't comfortable for me, although my wife loves it, and I just don't like overly heavy motorcycles, even if they do have more accessories than my car and perform remarkably well.

We recently spent 3 days on a Vstrom 650 and that worked pretty well, but not quite enough to pry the Goldwing from my wife. I've always liked concept of the Buell Ulysees, so before going on that trip we sat on a Buell Ulysees XB1200XT and that felt very good to my wife-almost as good as the Goldwing.

But I'd like some input. What are your recommendations for a adventure style 2-up bike for touring? Comfort, dependability, easy maintenannce and reasonable weight are the important parameters since anything is likely to have sufficent power and handle well enough for how i drive 2-up.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:05 pm

BMW's got some nice ones out there. That's what I'd get. thumb

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:22 pm

My Dad has been going through this same thing with his HD Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Narrowed it down to BMW GS and Buell XB12XT. I'd get the Buell, but the BMW is pretty sweet too. You could also check out the V-Strom 1000.
Back to top Go down
Twistagrip

Twistagrip

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:32 am

derm75 wrote:
My Dad has been going through this same thing with his HD Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Narrowed it down to BMW GS and Buell XB12XT. I'd get the Buell, but the BMW is pretty sweet too. You could also check out the V-Strom 1000.

I agree either the DL1000 or the BMW 1200GS, both are great bikes for 2 up, but the DL is waay more affordable. As for the Buell i'm not a big fan of Harley motors.... dunno
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:42 pm

To me, a 2-up 'adventure' bike is an oxymoron.
Has your wife considered learning to ride? Maybe get her started on a small dualsport like a Yamaha XT225 or Kawi SuperSherpa. Then you can ride you're WR and she can ride hers. At first you won't go on long trips this way, but with a gel or sheepskin seat pad she may go for it. It's amazing how much 'together' yet 'personal' time can be shared this way.

My wife (on her XT) and I (on my WRX) just spent 10 days dual sporting in the B.C. Kootenay's. It's a great way to spend time together.
Back to top Go down

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Take a look at the Honda VFR or the ST1300. Both great sport touring bikes and both comfortable for two up riding...
Back to top Go down
lotsofwheels

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Wife had looked at getting a license   Recommendations? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:50 pm

My wife had looked at getting her own license. She actually had her learner's permit and was riding a scooter. For a couple of reason she has decided to not continue riding. However, she loves riding pillion.

I think you can 2-up adventure ride, but you do have to me more selective about where you go. The Ulysses I'm interested in really isn't much good off road anyway.

A Wee-Strom would be a good choice and we spent 3 days on one, but she would like a bit more comfort and the Ulysses seems to have that.

I have a friend with a VFR and its a nice bike, but I'd prefer a more upright position and more leg room, as would she. I'd also like something i could at least take down a dirt road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations?   Recommendations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations?
Page 1 of 1