Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power Commander FC?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blusmoke

Power Commander FC? Empty
PostSubject: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:58 am

Has anybody seen theses yet?Its hard to find any info on the web they must be pretty new?
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Products/PCFC/powercommander_pcfc.aspx

I think when i get a fuel programmer I will go for this little guy its like half PCV half FMF
- Holds 10 maps(called dynojet, rep said it will work with the maps either for PCIII or PCV or both I forget  Shog )
- You can adjust fuel +or - up to 10% from map settings, in 3 different rpm zones
- Accelerator pump feature that I am very excited/curious about
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: just ordered!   Power Commander FC? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:48 am

ordered my PC-FC for $199 this one is labeled under TwoBrothers as a juice box pro they also have apparently make a juice box standard which is a relabeled FMF programmer

heres a link to a similar listing with some good pics/info:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-10-11-CBR-1000-CBR1000-CBR1000RR-TWO-BROTHERS-Juicebox-Pro-Fuel-Contoller-/351188361550?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51c475214e&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:00 pm

This should work very well, you can upload someone elses custom pcv map then fine tune it to your liking in minutes.

If I didnt already have the fmf programmer I'd get this one as they're the same price but this one has a bunch more tuning abilty.

Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Can't wait!!   Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 1:33 am

Yes, I am not sure what maps the unit will come pre loaded with but there are 9 provided on the power commander website that for the most part that match all of the typical mods and combinations.
The only downside to this unit is you can not use the extra PC stuff like auto tune, quick shift, timing controller, two of those i don't think work with the WR.
But I'm really excited about being able to have a map for power then turning a potentiometer and running the stock map for economy
Oh heres how you tune it from the computer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAixfqjCR1E
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: heres a site selling it for $199 for wr250r/x   Power Commander FC? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 2:45 pm

http://www.discount-moto-direct.com/two-brothers-juice-box-pro-fuel-controller-yamaha-wr250r-2008-2013/#.VDQzqVau6fE
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Installed the unit!   Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:47 am

Installed the programmer yesterday looks like it shipped directly from two brothers racing in california, install was like any other and the unit ended up velcro'ing it on top of the air box where the flapper diaphragm was.
-came with a 6ft usb cable
-CD with twobros juice box software (same as PC but no Accel pump feature)
-2 velcro strips +2 zip ties +1 alcohol swipe
-Disappointingly no stickers tough
Downloaded the PowerCommanderFC software from their site after establishing the the twbros version from the disc had no accelerator pump tool.
- juiceboxPRO comes preloaded with a zero map, a stock air box/exhaust map, and a stock/twobros slip-on map
- loaded Powercommander 5 map for stock exhaust/airbox lid removed, and stock/leovince exhaust w/spark arrestor
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Bike runs well on all the maps i have loaded but particularly well with the map for a stock bike with a twobros slip on...
this map feels very aggressive but smells kinda rich, I have however removed the air box flapper door via the "accidental air box mod"(similar to "ultimate airbox mod")
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 3:39 am

blusmoke wrote:
Bike runs well on all the maps i have loaded but particularly well with the map for a stock bike with a twobros slip on...
this map feels very aggressive but smells kinda rich, I have however removed the air box flapper door via the "accidental air box mod"(similar to "ultimate airbox mod")

So blusmoke you have all but talked me into this programmer. How have you found it? Could it be dyno tuned live if you were inclined to take it for a dyno run or is it more of a fiddle with the map and reload it? I'm definitely keen for any feedback you have good or bad.

Keep up the good work mate.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:07 pm

hehe, have I? So far i really like it, straight forward. You download maps that you think match your bike or are recommended/posted by others (I really like the map #9 I think its an fmf system, much leaner than twobros map)

Then ride with the seat off and test each map back to back (best feature!).

As far as dyno tuning you SHOULD be able to but I have never been near a dynamometer all I know is you can manually change each individual fuel value, which is what i believe they do at the dyno shop.

The best deal I found was the juicebox Pro by two brothers on ebay, but i think you can find the juice box pro on fuelmoto.com as well, the powercommander branded unit is always more expensive.

P.S. you need the unit plugged into the laptop to see if you are adjusting the low/mid/high fuel trim correctly(set mine to 0) and you want to download the Powercommander FC software as it has the accelerator pump feature.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 pm

blusmoke wrote:
hehe, have I? So far i really like it, straight forward. You download maps that you think match your bike or are recommended/posted by others (I really like the map #9 I think its an fmf system, much leaner than twobros map)

Then ride with the seat off and test each map back to back (best feature!).

As far as dyno tuning you SHOULD be able to but I have never been near a dynamometer all I know is you can manually change each individual fuel value, which is what i believe they do at the dyno shop.

The best deal I found was the juicebox Pro by two brothers on ebay, but i think you can find the juice box pro on fuelmoto.com as well, the powercommander branded unit is always more expensive.

P.S. you need the unit plugged into the laptop to see if you are adjusting the low/mid/high fuel trim correctly(set mine to 0) and you want to download the Powercommander FC software as it has the accelerator pump feature.

It's part you, part the flaw with the fmf I have seen on the other threads and well I like a deal as well. A power commander for the price of a fmf or equivalent and so much more dialed in for the mods I am wanting to do. Plus if I am honest with the kids being young I doubt I will be doing much more than the exhaust and fuel controller. I think autotune would have only been a dream.

There is a dyno place for Power Commander withing driving distance (just) but not overly close so if I have problems I can take it there but I doubt I will be doing that unless I have any major problems.

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject:    Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 2:25 am

I was sold on this programmer hell I even purchased it and was keen right up to 1.5 days later when they refunded my money and gave me some bs about it being no longer available. Maybe it's the sceptic in me or the deal with free postage too good to be true. And it's still on their website. Ah well looks like I'll be on the hunt for someone that doesn't see the fact that I'm in Australia as a point to take advantage and charge a stupid amount of postage when they off US postage free. Bah end of rant and the disappointment and waiting continues.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:06 am

Oh wow they would do that wouldn't they, what site was it?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 3:53 am

blusmoke wrote:
Oh wow they would do that wouldn't they, what site was it?

Surprisingly it is the site you mentioned above but they are not alone. Most online stores treat international sales as such a hassle and price shipping based on the value of the item you purchase not what it would cost to ship. They want $59 shipping for the PCV which is 20% of the original purchase price. You'd think adding a little considering they save on not shipping to the US and I don't see it being huge packaging but I'm bitter now and looking into a local option.

There are exceptions. http://www.ridersdiscount.com would ship me a FMF Q4 and power bomb for about that price $59. But considering it's over $400 USD they will ship for free.

I guess I am more pissed because it was a good deal and I was keen to see how well it worked.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 6:39 am

Some faith restored. https://www.motomummy.com will offer $30 international shipping. I can also add speedo healer with no extra shipping.
I will have to go to the PCV and pay the extra purely because they don't sell the PCFC or equivalent but I am not getting ripped off at all. Their prices are competitive if not better than most and seem to be happy to do business with international customers. wings
Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:08 pm

speersie wrote:
Some faith restored. https://www.motomummy.com will offer $30 international shipping. I can also add speedo healer with no extra shipping.
I will have to go to the PCV and pay the extra purely because they don't sell the PCFC or equivalent but I am not getting ripped off at all. Their prices are competitive if not better than most and seem to be happy to do business with international customers. wings
Peace YAM

Good choice,

I have just picked up an autotune new in box for $170. Keep an eye out on ebay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Commander FC?   Power Commander FC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Commander FC?
Page 1 of 1