Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2008 WRR power commander

Go down 
+3
WRXer
YZEtc
texasreb
7 posters
AuthorMessage
texasreb

2008 WRR power commander Empty
PostSubject: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:03 pm

I am thinking of getting the GYTR exhaust and a power commander for my 2008 WRR. Only problem is when I went to Dynojets website, They were not clear on 2008 WRR products. I emailed them and they said that they do not support 2008 WRR's. My question is: are the 2008/2009/2010 systems the same or will it cause damage to my 2008? Thank You, Glenn.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:31 pm

I used a Power Commander III USB on my 2008 WR-250R. :)
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:48 pm

YZEtc wrote:
I used a Power Commander III USB on my 2008 WR-250R. :)

Did you have any problems with it on your 2008?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:04 pm

It quit working, and when that happened, the bike wouldn't start untill I removed the Power Commander from the bike.
It was replaced under warranty by Dynojet, but by that time (a couple weeks), I'd already bought an FMF unit.
I'm still using that one.

While it worked, the Power Commander was great.
I'm not really trying to scare you away from getting one, but that is an honest answer to your question. :)

I don't see why their website should say it won't work on a 2008 model.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:58 pm

They make a PCIII for the 08 & a PCV for the 09+. Any WR PC will work on any year WR. Get a PC V if you have a choice, they added alot of features & made it about half the thickness.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:39 pm

[quote=WRXer]They make a PCIII for the 08 & a PCV for the 09+. Any WR PC will
work on any year WR.[/quote]

Ahem... To my understanding the PCV will not work on the 08, so the second part of the statement above is questionable.

I could be misinformed or the info on the Dynojets website is not clear.

Either way, I have a PCIII on our WR and also on my YZF-R1.

As far as I can tell is that other FI programmers are plug and play.

The PCIII is plug and play WITH it if you so choose, or there are standard maps.

A search on here will give you additional insight. I'm still looking for updates to existing, or proven maps from other users.

- Robert

Edit: No problems what-so-ever on either bike.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:37 pm

X-Racer wrote:
Ahem... To my understanding the PCV will not work on the 08, so the second part of the statement above is questionable.

I could be misinformed or the info on the Dynojets website is not clear.

Either way, I have a PCIII on our WR and also on my YZF-R1.

As far as I can tell is that other FI programmers are plug and play.

The PCIII is plug and play WITH it if you so choose, or there are standard maps.

A search on here will give you additional insight. I'm still looking for updates to existing, or proven maps from other users.

AHHHEM

The PCV works on the 08 all day long. This has been posted all over the internet; a search on here will give you additional insight, or you can come over & ride my 08 with PCV.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:01 am

WRXer: You sound offended... Sorry. I don't claim to possess all internet knowledge. It does say "To my understanding..."

I only read what is posted on the DynoJet website that says the PCV applicability is for 09 and later models.

My ride ticket is already full, but thanks for the offer.

...and again, please excuse my lack of knowledge. Thank-you for yours. I respectfully stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:44 am

Is there any actual differences with the bikes to where that would be the case?
It's probably just another case of a website application chart not being 100% accurate. :)
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:02 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Is there any actual differences with the bikes to where that would be the case?
It's probably just another case of a website application chart not being 100% accurate. :)

Exactly. 2008 WRR power commander 61865
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:51 pm

It didn't make much sense to me either. 2008 WRR power commander Icon_scratch

But who am I to dispute what the manufacturer claims.

Guess I'll need to ride less and search posts all over the internet so I am perfectly informed. Not... 2008 WRR power commander 93746
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 pm

I have an atitude programmer on order "which hasn't come in three weeks"
So I am thinking PC-V
I have an 08 R2 with the airbox mods and Q4 muff.
You are using it on an 08 also?
I like the idead of the auto tune.
How long have you been using it?
And how has it performed?
Oh one other thing, How is customer service?
The other place I went doesn't have any that I can atest to.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 am

One on the bike is definitely better than one in the mail.

Yes... An 08.

Autotune: No experience with the PCIII, Can't comment.

The PCIII has been on the bike for the period of ownership.

Performance seems okay to me, but I've no basis of estimate for additional tuning inputs. Tuning has been by the seat of pants incremental tuning changes.

No Customer service required.

Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 am

I have both the PCV and the Autotune module on my 08 WRX. Plug & Play.

I don't know why Dynojet doesn't list the 08 models as being compatible with the combo, but my first hand experience is that they are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 WRR power commander   2008 WRR power commander Empty

Back to top Go down

2008 WRR power commander
Page 1 of 1