Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sounds like electric fan but is not...?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Desert36

Sounds like electric fan but is not...? Empty
PostSubject: Sounds like electric fan but is not...?   Sounds like electric fan but is not...? EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Noticed this after a long highway ride, the fan is not on but it will sound almost like a low fan setting, as soon as I heard it I was thinking fuel pump, It only does it after the bike has warmed up and not every time. I know there's the spinning water pump impeller that could also be making this noise, but the bike runs like normal and holds fluids (of the correct color..) good. Anybody have this symptom right before a breakdown? Btw it's an '08 R with 2500 miles and every HP mod done short of the 290 kit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like electric fan but is not...?   Sounds like electric fan but is not...? EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Mine did that. The fan blades came loose from the fan motor shaft so when the fan came on it just made a humming sound. I had to buy a new fan/motor assembly. My bike had been crashed and the fan blade was contacting the radiator.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like electric fan but is not...?   Sounds like electric fan but is not...? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 pm

My fan did that too but I was able to glue the blade back onto it.

It doesnt take much to strip the fan blade on the motor, I droped the bike in sand which didnt hurt a thing execpt the fan.
Back to top Go down
Desert36

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like electric fan but is not...?   Sounds like electric fan but is not...? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 1:14 am

Never dropped... Not the fan, I think it was corrosion in the water system causing the impeller to make noise, rode it long and hard today with the new coolant, seems to have gone away for now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like electric fan but is not...?   Sounds like electric fan but is not...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sounds like electric fan but is not...?
Page 1 of 1