Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stator issue resolved for now

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Stator issue resolved for now Empty
PostSubject: Stator issue resolved for now   Stator issue resolved for now EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 1:59 am

In a previous post, I moaned that my bike's stator was fried.

It seems that this was the culmination of an on going issue. The replacement unit has resolved several issues:

.Erratic starting appearing as a 'sticky' solenoid. This has been a characteristic since early in the bike's life topes
.So has the lack of charge at idle, shown by the headlight brightening as the engine was revved horse
.A general gutless feel, which my mates assured me wasn't normal, and they were right. This little bike is keen all of a sudden. No wonder you heroes can ride these things anywhere and everywhere. I would not have tried it before, but I would now. Ok, it's no KTM 690, but it's plenty for what I want  bow
.The worst problem was the motor cutting out randomly in hot weather  GAHHHH, with the final result that the stator failed altogether. Now, the engine has been proven to run just fine at low speed (working with stock) on days hot enough to start the fuel boiling in the tank  Very happy

No wonder the poor bloody engine is rattly. But part of that might be the camchain tensioner... tough
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Stator issue resolved for now   Stator issue resolved for now EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Glad you got it sorted out
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Stator issue resolved for now   Stator issue resolved for now EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:40 am

Thanks mate. Once the stator had failed completely, it was all simple (only time and money Very happy ). The problem was the erratic behaviour prior to the failure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stator issue resolved for now   Stator issue resolved for now Empty

Back to top Go down

Stator issue resolved for now
Page 1 of 1