Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stator plug split?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kDiqq

Stator plug split? Empty
PostSubject: Stator plug split?   Stator plug split? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 5:49 pm

So I recently picked up my new 2015 WRR and I noticed that some electrical tape was coming off the wire bundle that goes to the stator at the cover. I peeled the rest of the electrical tape off thinking it was weird and noticed that the rubber boot has a vertical split in it! It appears cut so I called my dealer and he explained that all the stators on the 250 and 450 are like that and they all have electrical tape on them! Is this true? Can anyone peek at there stator and see if electrical tape is present around the boot where the stator wires exit the case? Greatly appreciated!

Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Stator plug split? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stator plug split?   Stator plug split? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 6:22 pm

There's tape on mine. Have not removed it to see if there's also a split. Not sure if it was like that before the recall service.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

Stator plug split? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stator plug split?   Stator plug split? EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Yup, they have tape allright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stator plug split? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stator plug split?   Stator plug split? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stator plug split?
Page 1 of 1