Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stupid question...

Go down 
+5
BCRider
WeAkSaUzE
motokid
wristpin
gatorfan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Maybe I'm just over thinking things here but where do you guys stash your registration and proof of insurance?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

In plastic bag in tool kit.
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Not a stupid question at all, my location may be stupid because it requires tools for me to take off my seat to get to the Ziplok Bagie that resides under the ECU.

"Yeah but what if you get pulled over?" I make a point of not having to talk to Law Enforcement, I have owned over 25 bikes and ridden since 1968, I have yet to be pulled over on a bike and have to show my registration.  

Stupid question... Regist
Back to top Go down
wristpin

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:55 pm

I keep my stuff in my wallet. If your bike gets stolen you don't want the thieves to have all your information.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:31 pm

wristpin wrote:
I keep my stuff in my wallet.  If your bike gets stolen you don't want the thieves to have all your information.
Agreed and I do the same. thumb
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 8:32 pm

wristpin wrote:
I keep my stuff in my wallet.  If your bike gets stolen you don't want the thieves to have all your information.

Your address? It's not like your SSN is on your registration.
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah, it'd be a total d!ck move to steal my bike AND rob my house.
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 9:48 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
Not a stupid question at all, my location may be stupid because it requires tools for me to take off my seat to get to the Ziplok Bagie that resides under the ECU.

"Yeah but what if you get pulled over?" I make a point of not having to talk to Law Enforcement, I have owned over 25 bikes and ridden since 1968, I have yet to be pulled over on a bike and have to show my registration.  

Stupid question... Regist

LOL, I've probably been stopped 25 times since I got my driver's license.... in '98 thumb

Wish I had your luck but my right foot is just too damned heavy.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 9:51 pm

wristpin wrote:

thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:07 pm

allan p wrote:

From the looks of your avatar, you would probably enjoy it if they visited your house? beater
Back to top Go down
BCRider

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
allan p wrote:

From the looks of your avatar, you would probably enjoy it if they visited your house? beater

What are you trying to say?

Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 4:58 pm

BCRider wrote:

allan p's avatar has an AR15 in it, he could put a cap in their ass if they showed up at his house.

Stupid question... 4814-44
Back to top Go down
BCRider

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
BCRider wrote:

allan p's avatar has an AR15 in it, he could put a cap in their ass if they showed up at his house.

Stupid question... 4814-44

I saw the AR... I find it unfortunate you feel Allan would "enjoy" a confrontation of this sort with anyone.. thug robbers or otherwise.

Last edited by BCRider on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Figured it out by trial and error with a test light. In case anyone was wondering...

GREEN/BLACK = RIGHT TURN SIGNAL
BROWN/BLACK = LEFT TURN SIGNAL
YELLOW = BRAKE SIGNAL
BLUE = TAILLIGHT AND/OR LICENSE PLATE LIGHT
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:19 pm

BCRider wrote:
I saw the AR... I find it unfortunate you feel Allan would "enjoy" a confrontation of this sort with anyone.. thug robbers or otherwise.

What do you do in British Columbia when somebody's in your house?
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:57 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
BCRider wrote:

Here in Canada, we are not allowed to shoot someone in defense, anywhere, even if they break into our own home and threaten us. Stupid Canadian laws....
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 pm

PDF copies on my Phone deal
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I found the 'repair manual' online but the schematic wasn't much help.

Looked like another language to me.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
BCRider wrote:

If someone comes into my house in BC, I unlock my safe and reach for my 870.
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:36 pm

BCRider wrote:

Good call, see..we all agree, Google Beretta 1301 Semi Auto Tactical Shotgun...I just put one in my gunsafe thumb
Back to top Go down
BCRider

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 2:11 pm

WeAkSaUzE wrote:
BCRider wrote:

Good call, see..we all agree, Google Beretta 1301 Semi Auto Tactical Shotgun...I just put one in my gunsafe thumb
I got you all wrong WeAkSaUzE.. was having a crumby day yesterday sick
Props on that new Beretta!
Back to top Go down
allan p

allan p

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Truth be told, I'd probably go for my 87O too.

Stupid question... 870.sbs
Back to top Go down

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:58 pm

I keep my registration in my tank bag, along with a spare key. Most of the places I stop I'm not too worried about theft, but at night or in dicey areas I can easily remove the tank bag.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm

Registration and Insurance? Why would anyone need that for a Dual Sport cheers . Just find the closest trail and take it. Also helps if your license plate is full of mud so the police don't catch the plate #. hahah

I keep mine is a Ziplock Bag with my Iphone in my jacket pocket. Never leaves my breast... I mean my chest!
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 3:31 pm

When I bought my '13 WR I had 7 bikes licensed with WSDOL, all turnkey all with the registration under the seat, I currently own 4 that are licensed and ready to roll. Jockeying registration papers around for the current bike of the day into one of the 4 jackets I wear sounds like nothing but trouble? GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid question... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid question...   Stupid question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid question...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next