Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? Empty
PostSubject: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Folks

I've been using rotella 15-40 dino oil and a wix 24951 oil filter in my klr for a few years now with good results.

question:
Does anyone know the wix filter number that will fit a 2012 wrr ?

also might as well ask lurk

how many generation of wrr bikes is there? what years are the same? or all?

thanks in advance for any info Peace YAM

Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

PostSubject: Re: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:12 am

wix, did not have one but napa powersports does. PS7933
Back to top Go down
roadrover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:51 am

I was told to get WIX 57933 for my '08 (should be the same as your '12). As for generations, I believe 2008-Present is the first and only gen of our bikes.

They only had K&N (KN-141) at the shop this time though, so that's what I'll run for a few miles.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 am

ok thanks! .. I'll check that number out to see if is available here... I've read great reviews on the wix filter "oil filtering" qualities and would like to start using it in the WR.

Back to top Go down
roadrover

PostSubject: Re: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:10 pm

I have also heard very good things about WIX. Friend of mine who's an automotive engineer swears by them. Supposedly that and Purolator are the two "best" filter brands. Of course, that's a whole 'nother topic of discussion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?   2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

2012 wrr oil filter cross reference to wix # ...anyone?
Page 1 of 1