Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alexWR

PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor Empty
PostSubject: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 4:47 pm

I have had a PCV installed for a few weeks now and all is well. Managed to pick up a cheap autotune kit.

Now I have an Australian WR250R which has factory o2 sensor. My question is because the factory sensor is only used on closed loop control am I able to remove it and install the autotune o2 sensor in its place? I would prefer not to get another bung welded into my exhaust that is all.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:26 pm

I have not worked with or on the O2 equipped R2. That said, you don't want the OEM O2 and tuner fighting with the Auto tune and it's O2 sensor. Assuming the OEM O2 doesn't go into limp mode when unhooked, you'll install the auto tune O2 and use it.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:48 pm

I have not worked with or on the O2 equipped R2. That said, you don't want the OEM O2 and tuner fighting with the Auto tune and it's O2 sensor. Assuming the OEM O2 doesn't go into limp mode when unhooked, you'll install the auto tune O2 and use it.
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:05 pm

4play wrote:

when i purchased the PCV they said that it won't function while the bike is in closed loop (low throttle up to about 20% when feedback is via o2 sensor).

I'll give it a crack today and see what the bike does
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 pm

alexWR wrote:
4play wrote:

when i purchased the PCV they said that it won't function while the bike is in closed loop (low throttle up to about 20% when feedback is via o2 sensor).

Alex where did you put your bung on your exhaust?
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:07 am

speersie wrote:
alexWR wrote:
4play wrote:

Alex where did you put your bung on your exhaust?

exactly same spot as stock. I can take a photo for you next time i'm at my bike. Fits perfect.
Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 3:20 pm

some of the Euro guys have run the bike without the co2 sensor hooked up to seemingly no effect scratch allegedly its just for the emissions.

i have been thinking of the same kit and using the standard bung hole as well........very interested in what happens
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:36 am

Hey Alex.

How did the install of the auto tune go? I know the weather in NSW has been bloody terrible so you probably have not been out much.

Did you hook up a switch for the auto tune? My PCV just turned up this week. Hopefully Tuesday I'll get to fit it. I'm just having a look at the manual and saw it mentioned the switch between auto tune and the base map. I'll look into a weatherproof switch but no auto tune for me for a while

speersie
Back to top Go down
alexWR

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 am

speersie wrote:
Hey Alex.

How did the install of the auto tune go? I know the weather in NSW has been bloody terrible so you probably have not been out much.

Did you hook up a switch for the auto tune? My PCV just turned up this week. Hopefully Tuesday I'll get to fit it. I'm just having a look at the manual and saw it mentioned the switch between auto tune and the base map. I'll look into a weatherproof switch but no auto tune for me for a while

speersie

weather has made it impossible. far too dangerous to get out there on the bike, I nearly couldn't get home from work last night because the roads were flooded.

plan on doing it soon as weather clears up.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:44 am

alexWR wrote:

weather has made it impossible. far too dangerous to get out there on the bike, I nearly couldn't get home from work last night because the roads were flooded.

plan on doing it soon as weather clears up.

Keep me posted. You're a few steps ahead of where I want to be. Looking forward to throwing on the PCV this week but damn I've got soaked this week riding to and from work. So much for summer hey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor   PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV and Autotune with factory o2 sensor
Page 1 of 1