Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Master Cylinder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

Rear Master Cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Rear Master Cylinder   Rear Master Cylinder EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Just as an FYI I ruined my master cylinder from being out of alignment. I had a single track, laugh in style tip over many rides ago & did not realize I had bent the steel plate that attaches the master cylinder to the frame in towards the bike. The linkage has a ball & socket that is supposed to keep that from happening, but my misalignment was causing a side load that wore the bore.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: Rear Master Cylinder   Rear Master Cylinder EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:21 am

4play wrote:
Just as an FYI I ruined my master cylinder from being out of alignment. I had a single track, laugh in style tip over many rides ago & did not realize I had bent the steel plate that attaches the master cylinder to the frame in towards the bike. The linkage has a ball & socket that is supposed to keep that from happening, but my misalignment was causing a side load that wore the bore.

4play,

Did you buy a rebuild kit and fix it or just replace the hole unit?
Would a guard on the R.M.C. have helped or just not enough to prevent the mounting flange from getting bent in?
https://tciproductsusa.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=470

Might be an aftermarket improvement for some machinist to build a stronger mounting flange cheers
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Rear Master Cylinder   Rear Master Cylinder EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:36 am

It scored the bore, so I had to replace it. The master cylinder is flush with the frame rail & no normally very vulnerable. The way I fell (laugh in style) I caught most of the bike with my heel into the master & did not catch it soon enough. I actually prefer the stock mounting being able to bend/give protecting the frame & master. You just need to be aware if you drop it on the right to eyeball the linkage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Master Cylinder   Rear Master Cylinder Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Master Cylinder
Page 1 of 1