Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New cylinder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

New cylinder Empty
PostSubject: New cylinder   New cylinder EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 3:43 am

Hi there all. Further to my wrecked cylinder topic: a new std bore, three-ring Athena kit is going on my bike. The mechanic fitting it, among other things, is a well-known legend here in South Australia as both a wrench and rider. He has used Athena often, and is satisfied that the brand is decent quality and has better water jacket design than stock. I don't want to start a "this brand is better" argument here. What is, is. And whatever happens, happens.

I decided against going the 290 route, mainly because the of extra thermal load that will inevitably stress the cooling system at work in very hot weather. Also, except for very rare occasions, 250 is all I need.

There's a price to pay for prolonged idling and slow running with the WR-R. Heavy carbon buildup on the inlet valves and some in the inlet ports, and even small amounts on top of the inlet valve stem seals. Oddly the valves are ok.

The shock has been re-sealed and serviced, with (hopefully) some high-speed compression damping pulled out of it, and more rebound added. Is the ride going to be better? Time will tell.

I get the bike back later this week. Not sure if it's going to go to work - I think I've missed the contract. Sh!t.

Back to top Go down
CRFan1

New cylinder Empty
PostSubject: Re: New cylinder   New cylinder EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 9:52 am

Good luck and keep us updated!
Back to top Go down

New cylinder
Page 1 of 1