Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doc_simple

doc_simple

Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? Empty
PostSubject: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 3:41 am

Is this just silly stupid? It fits and feels great but I know very little about dirt riding.

Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? 20150110
Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? 20150111

first time putting images up on this site let me know if you can see them please.

doc_simple
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: ..   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 am

I cant imagine moving the bars rearward but then again if it feels right go for it.  If your sitting down you can slide your @$$ anywhere on the seat to meet a comfy handle bar position...   For me... its about what the bars feel like when i'm standing up...  meaning bar risers on the menu to go "up" on this end thumb

post a picture of your entire bike when you get a chance.

best of luck

RPB
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:40 am

The pictures can be viewed. thumb

The questions are simple.

What are you trying to accomplish with this exactly? Or to put it another way, why? scratch

Not saying it's a bad idea, just can't figure out the intended benefit.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:15 am

Most people want the bars farther forward, but if it's comfortable for you thumb

The thing I don't like about your set up is the number of attachment & potential pivot points. The rubber mounted Rox risers pivot, the stock Yamaha mounts are single bolts so they can pivot on the triple clamp. When you drop it (notice I did not say if) it will very likely get tweaked & require quite a bit of fiddling to get the bars aligned again. Rox does make risers that are not rubber mounted that IMHO would be more secure.
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:40 pm

I felt like I was leaning over the tire when I stood up. Plus I already owned the riser. I will probably switch to fat bars soon anyway but I will try these for a bit.
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:12 pm

bought the easton woods bars so I took this off. There was a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the setup Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Never worry about our enthusiasm, you should always go with what works for you. But if you ask our opinion, we're going to tell you what we think, good or bad. ~5,000 miles ago I had many people tell me my bigger motor was gonna blow up & leave me stranded. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
doc_simple

doc_simple

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:16 pm

well, I was mostly seeing if it was a valid use. Couldn't quite get it locked into place and since I'm heading to the Easton's which already have some life I figured I'd see how that works out first.

I was already a bit skeptical so a few more voices in my head was all it took to push me over the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?   Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unusual handlebar riser set on WR250. Overkill or bad idea?
Page 1 of 1