Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
john92

Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? Empty
PostSubject: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 pm

I just got the FMF header,Q4, and programmer installed. When I fired it up for the first time there was a little bit of smoke coming from all over. Is this normal? I also put a little high temp rtv silicone around the seals and didn't give that a long time to dry.

Also what's the best thread for settings for the programmer? I'll be looking around but I thought maybe someone knew the best one. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 am

Can't say mine smoked at all... eeek You can find some stuff here for FI settings. thumb

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 10:36 am

Yes, a bit of smoke comming off the header and from inside the exhaust is normal. It is brand new and needs to "cook in" for the first ride or two.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:30 am

SpaGuru wrote:
Yes, a bit of smoke comming off the header and from inside the exhaust is normal. It is brand new and needs to "cook in" for the first ride or two.

My XT smokes all the time right now... but that is probably because I was desperate for fuel and 50:1 mix was all that was in the shed... wink thumb poser2
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:10 pm

john92 wrote:
I just got the FMF header,Q4, and programmer installed. When I fired it up for the first time there was a little bit of smoke coming from all over. Is this normal? I also put a little high temp rtv silicone around the seals and didn't give that a long time to dry.

Also what's the best thread for settings for the programmer? I'll be looking around but I thought maybe someone knew the best one. Thanks.

You should have let the high temp silicone set up overnight (at least 12 hours). You may have a few leaks at the mid pipe joint. It is normal for the new pipe to smoke a bit until you ride it few times. Don't worry about that.
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:29 pm

I know, but it was too much not too fire it up for a second.. Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? 490865
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Will power, man. Will power! Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?   Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will a new exhaust smoke a little everywhere?
Page 1 of 1