Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WolfpackFBNS

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails Empty
PostSubject: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:30 am

So I've just started searching for trails near my home that I can get to fairly quickly. All the local forums (jeep trail guys, city-data, etc...) say there are none and that Uwharrie and Busco ATV park are the nearest places to go riding. Well I'd love to check those out sometime but when you only have an hour or 2 to ride those are not an option.

It was difficult and I found 2 places near me that didn't have "no trespassing or private land" signs posted. Don't know if anyone is from this area but if you are interested they are off Cornwallis Road.

If anyone else has trails they know of in this general area I would appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks! thumb
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:26 am

We have plenty of good trail riding down here around Ft. Bragg, and a good group of guys to ride with.  Not as far as Uwharrie for you.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 8:53 am

Thanks for the reply. Are the trails public or private land? Do you mind sharing or PM'ing me the location of the trails? If/When I can make it down there I would love to ride with some other people. I'm just getting my WRX prepped for trail riding. I still have street tires that I'm burning up so I can buy more dirt oriented tires.
Thanks again for the reply! thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 11:52 pm

In my experience you're going to find very few places where your not trespassing. This is the main reason I went with an X, that being said I still hit the power line trails when i need an off road fix even if I'm technically trespassing. wink
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:27 am

WRXZ wrote:
In my experience you're going to find very few places where your not trespassing.  This is the main reason I went with an X, that being said I still hit the power line trails when i need an off road fix even if I'm technically trespassing. wink

I've found some using Google maps it looks like some out towards Shearon Harris to ride. Do you have any that you suggest? I'm not sure how long the trails are that I found (mentioned in the first post) but they didn't have any "no trespassing signs" or "private property" so I think it was okay to ride. If you're interested I can give you more details on where those are.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 8:20 am

If you believe the lack of signs means legal and legit, think again.
Been there.
Done that.
That's no sure bet, not by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:36 am

YZEtc wrote:
If you believe the lack of signs means legal and legit, think again.
Been there.
Done that.
That's no sure bet, not by a long shot.

Does ignorance get you out of a ticket?! I know that doesn't work for speeding but if trails don't have signs posted I can't see getting in too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 2:17 pm

You can try.
I've heard many things said to me in similar scenarios:

"Well, don't you think it's owned by somebody?"
"The kids keep tearing them down."
"Sure, people ride here, but they're not supposed to."
"I don't give a rat's ass if you're lost."
"This land is owned by [insert name of company or corporation]."
"This is state-owned land."

Not looking to rain on your parade, but that is the possibility.
I'd actually do some research on the areas you are wondering about.

Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:10 pm

Exploring some power line trails.  Didn't do to bad for street tires, I'm looking to get some Shinko 244's soon.

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails In_the12

Last edited by WolfpackFBNS on Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 9:38 pm

My feeling is that if you get stopped on -unposted- land, someone would have a hard time pressing any kind of charges.  Even if you were stopped by a LEO of some type who was enough of a jerk to write a ticket, I can't see it holding up in court.  The fly in the ointment can be if the land is posted, and you just missed it.  I have been chased off of (or asked to leave) unposted land before, but there have been no consequences other than messing up that day's ride.

FWIW, I suspect the land along power lines to be owned by the power company.  I would also suspect that you would rarely run into anyone with any kind of enforcement authority if you are out in the boonies.  Just my .02

Down here in Fayetteville the local trails we ride are usually on or around Ft. Bragg.  We pull off the highway into the woods, past the signs that say 'No POVs'  (privately owned vehicles)  If MPs ever come along, it's every man for himself.  Most of the guys in our group are retired SF, so they know the wooded areas pretty well, and we've never been stopped while riding out there.  We will occasionally run into other riders as well.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:18 am

mollycbr123 wrote:
My feeling is that if you get stopped on -unposted- land, someone would have a hard time pressing any kind of charges.  Even if you were stopped by a LEO of some type who was enough of a jerk to write a ticket, I can't see it holding up in court.  The fly in the ointment can be if the land is posted, and you just missed it.  I have been chased off of (or asked to leave) unposted land before, but there have been no consequences other than messing up that day's ride.

FWIW, I suspect the land along power lines to be owned by the power company.  I would also suspect that you would rarely run into anyone with any kind of enforcement authority if you are out in the boonies.  Just my .02

Down here in Fayetteville the local trails we ride are usually on or around Ft. Bragg.  We pull off the highway into the woods, past the signs that say 'No POVs'  (privately owned vehicles)  If MPs ever come along, it's every man for himself.  Most of the guys in our group are retired SF, so they know the wooded areas pretty well, and we've never been stopped while riding out there.  We will occasionally run into other riders as well.

I'm with you. If no sign is posted then I would see them having a hard time enforcing anything. They could be real Di*k's but I guess I'll have to take my chances. I can't go 2-3 hours away each time I want to ride trails (i.e. Busco/Uwharrrie/etc...). If I stay in the area maybe I can meet up with you guys down in Fayetteville to do some riding?... dunno

Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:40 am

i am not familiar with your area but in any instance... be careful  where you wonder off . .. your better off travelling with at least one other rider off road.

i found a place  last year that was interesting.. first time i was there it had a closed gate and i respected the "barrier"... second time it was an "open gate"...  so in i went ... both times it was posted "enter at your own risk"..  

here is the story if your interested... its at the bottom of a journal post dated sept 25th 2014  located here:

http://klrworld.com/forums/index.php/topic,112.msg2590.html#msg2590
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:31 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
i am not familiar with your area but in any instance... be careful  where you wonder off . ..    your better off travelling with at least one other rider off road.

i found a place  last year that was interesting.. first time i was there it had a closed gate and i respected the "barrier"... second time it was an "open gate"...  so in i went ... both times it was posted "enter at your own risk"..  

here is the story if your interested... its at the bottom of a journal post dated sept 25th 2014  located here:

Cool thread. I can't find the 9.25.2014 post. It looks like it jumps from July 2014 to November 2014 unless I missed something in b/t all the pics.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 pm

WolfpackFBNS wrote:
rarepartbuilder wrote:
i am not familiar with your area but in any instance... be careful where you wonder off . .. your better off travelling with at least one other rider off road.

i found a place last year that was interesting.. first time i was there it had a closed gate and i respected the "barrier"... second time it was an "open gate"... so in i went ... both times it was posted "enter at your own risk"..

here is the story if your interested... its at the bottom of a journal post dated sept 25th 2014 located here:

Cool thread. I can't find the 9.25.2014 post. It looks like it jumps from July 2014 to November 2014 unless I missed something in b/t all the pics.

Thanks..
im so looking forward to driving  the WR250 this upcoming  biking season...  wings

The enter at your own risk journal entry starts with this picture... ..

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 15209739648_436d2d27d5_z
HPIM3103 by freewillieklr, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:17 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
WolfpackFBNS wrote:
rarepartbuilder wrote:
i am not familiar with your area but in any instance... be careful  where you wonder off . ..    your better off travelling with at least one other rider off road.

Thanks..
im so looking forward to driving  the WR250 this upcoming  biking season...  wings

The enter at your own risk journal entry starts with this picture... ..

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 15209739648_436d2d27d5_z
HPIM3103 by freewillieklr, on Flickr

Found it. I was looking in the wrong spot for the date. I'm thinking that's about as bad as it should get if I find myself on land I'm not supposed to be on. At least that's what I hope.. amazon
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 3:08 pm

Rarepart: what is that canister on the lower front part of your bike where a skid plate normally goes?
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:56 pm

its a tool tube made from aluminum fire extinguishers

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 14086564422_738b887684_cHPIM2894[1] by freewillieklr, on Flickr

the tool tube makes the rounded front of the skid plate\

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 13628485984_27cdf10bc7_o20140404_151454.jpg by freewillieklr, on Flickr

the farkling metal chips footer on the bottom of my post has the build thread link if your interested Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 6:52 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
its a tool tube made from aluminum fire extinguishers

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 14086564422_738b887684_cHPIM2894[1] by freewillieklr, on Flickr

the tool tube makes the rounded front of the skid plate\

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails 13628485984_27cdf10bc7_o20140404_151454.jpg by freewillieklr, on Flickr

the farkling metal chips footer on the bottom of my post has the build thread link if your interested Peace YAM

Very Cool! I thought it was a flotation device for when you try crossing creeks and rivers! poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh/Garner NC Trails   Raleigh/Garner NC Trails Empty

Back to top Go down

Raleigh/Garner NC Trails
Page 1 of 1