Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers

Go down 
+2
dc4stroke
michael21
6 posters
AuthorMessage
michael21

Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers Empty
PostSubject: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 pm

I am looking for some saddlebag options and came across these. I have seen older posts about them but none as of late. I like the fact that they are big and can store alot of things. I am thinking about getting rid of the WR250X b/c I need more storage space but these saddlebags could save the day. I basically would like to know how they work with aftermarket exhausts and also if you notice a bunch of drag at highway speeds and if you are overall pleased with them. Any info would be great or any other saddlebags that I am not thinking of. Basically my requirements are that they are waterproof and lockable. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:19 am

They get good reviews elsewhere. I'm looking at the smaller ones for mine.
Back to top Go down
HeliGuy

HeliGuy

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:51 am

I have some they work great lots of storage. I do notice a little extra drag at high way speeds but not much. and they don't get in the way even on difficult trails. i have a stock pipe on mine but there seams to be plenty of room. the only complaint i have is that the mounting system is kinda bulky but other than that i like them and use them on almost a daily. and yes they lock.
Back to top Go down
Bgunn

Bgunn

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I have a set of Happy Trails on my DR650 with a aftermarket pipe. You will take a small hit on mileage . Can haul a lot of groceries in the boxes, and being able to lock up and walk away is nice too. I can rokstrap a tent and sleeping bag to the top of the boxes. They can be put on and taken off in seconds.

Not sure about using these when riding off road. Some folks do though.

Back to top Go down
michael21

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks for all your help guys. I think that I am sold on them just want to know what size do you guys have. For the WR they come in 3 different sizes. I think its 5", 7.5", and 9". I am thinking 7.5 but not sure. Would the 9" be big enough to stuff a riding jacket in? Thanks for your replies. I am waiting on the HT guys to get back to me but hope to have some on order this week.
Back to top Go down
michael21

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Forgot to ask but does it retain the helmet lock or does it get relocated somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
HeliGuy

HeliGuy

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 pm

the helmet lock does not work with them But i just lock it up with the lock i use on the pannier.
Back to top Go down
timmer

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:34 am

I have the HT on my F650GS and really like them. However, I'd be cautious about using them extensively off pavement as there is a lot of mass that twists and stresses the rack and the bike's subframe. I also replaced the stock padlock locking system with some keyed rotary locks that I found on eBay. If & when I find a WRR, I'll use cloth bags or the GL Coyote for luggage.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:36 am

I have a set on my DL650. HT makes a good product, with good customer service. I have no complaints.

I would not use them on a svelte bike like a WR though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers   Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers Empty

Back to top Go down

Doe's anyone own the Happy-trails panniers
Page 1 of 1