Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?

Go down 
+5
TwoBuells
beer goggle
Fiftygrit
softjeans
motokid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
softjeans

softjeans

Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? Empty
PostSubject: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Im planning on painting my exhaust guard and front fender black and was just wondering if ill need to get separete paints for them seeing as they're quite different in texture. or will one do? any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. cheers Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? Media?id=53e40d789406960f802b87c18338d077&width=1024&height=680
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:39 pm

If you want to change you front fender to black why not just buy a black one. Less hassle and OEM one is only $23. Then you can change back if you don't like or damage it. Plus it will look like a better finish and zero work. Just a thought. And the black exhaust guard will really set it off nicely.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2009/WR250X%20-%20WR25XYB/FENDER/parts.html

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-3D7-21511-20-00.html
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Great didn't think they were that cheap. Thanks for the fast reply.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:21 am

Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. It's awesome. Cheap. And nothing is more satisfying than working on your bike and making more customized.

Same paint can be used for fender, exhaust guard, and anything else made of plastic.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
softjeans

softjeans

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:07 pm

motokid wrote:
Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. It's awesome. Cheap. And nothing is more satisfying than working on your bike and making more customized.

Same paint can be used for fender, exhaust guard, and anything else made of plastic.

Yeah Krylon seems to be the one most people recommend. Cant wait to get this baby looking the way I want.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:30 pm

I used the fusion on both my pipe guards and it works great, looks good with the stainless bolts, black and silver.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 2:46 pm

speersie wrote:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2009/WR250X%20-%20WR25XYB/FENDER/parts.html

There are 4-5 versions of our bikes, how can I find out which colour is for each link?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Goggle Year, Yamaha, WR250R or X, click on images
EX: 2009 Yam WR250X = Black
then do a parts search on Boats.net, cheap OEM Yamaha parts
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:43 pm

beer goggle wrote:
speersie wrote:

There are 4-5 versions of our bikes, how can I find out which colour is for each link?

Cheers

The link I provided above is for a black WR250X So there's your black parts WR250XYB (black). With the black bike it's best to search for 2009 WR250X and look under ROAD or STREET.  Not sure about the white one I haven't looked. Some sites will give you colour for the bike. Then search the part number you want for the best price.

If you want blue I'd suggest go 2014 mainly because I'm looking at mine and know what part is which colour. Note the tail is white and so are the side pannel. I think the 2008 tail was blue.
I'm not 100% sure but I think the models should all be the same colour of blue.
Back to top Go down
Balloway2013

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:17 pm

I have a 2013 with a white fender and would like to buy a 2014 blue fender. Are the mounting holes the same?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySat May 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Balloway2013 wrote:
I have a 2013 with a white fender and would like to buy a 2014 blue fender. Are the mounting holes the same?

All the fenders are interchangeable and parts are the same. You're not taking about the rear fender are you. If so the 2014 rear fender is also white. I think earlier models were blue. I have the 2014 with a white rear.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:07 pm

First thing I did when I bought my 2010 WR/R was order all the black plastics from the WR/X and get the rims powdercoated. No stickers. Looks awesome.

Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? 4995copy_zps50254a59
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptySun May 03, 2015 9:08 pm

GusinCA wrote:
First thing I did when I bought my 2010 WR/R was order all the black plastics from the WR/X and get the rims powdercoated. No stickers. Looks awesome.

When you can see it ....
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:32 am

Stealth mode...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?   Same paint for fender and exhaust guard? Empty

Back to top Go down

Same paint for fender and exhaust guard?
Page 1 of 1