Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Helmets

Go down 
+17
macfast
skierd
shawngrodz
longtallsally
inspector
Fargo_Wolf
desertblue
Highfive
WeaveR
Bob
asheville thumper
Machtig
Buzzbomber
Nice Rumble
SheWolf
mr_mcbride
boogn1sh
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buzzbomber

Buzzbomber

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Nobody has mentioned the HJC-made Joe Rocket Hybrid helmet in here(unless I missed it). I bought one back in October since I got a good price at New Enough and HJCs fit my head well. I tried out the AFX FX-37, which just hurt my head like hell, and the Fulmer ADV, which fit "o.k." but not quite right - the gap between sizes made it either too big or waaaayyyy too tight. Anyway, The Joe Rocket has been worth the money to me. It's louder than my street helmet(was using a CL-12, just replaced with a CL-SP), but much quieter than my AC-X3. It pulled a little at highway speeds until I got found a seating position that worked - now it's fine. There is a little distortion in the shield but nowhere near what the AFX has; it's really only noticeable if your are looking straight down your nose, like when you look down to check speed and then back up at the road. It seems to vent well and only fogs up when stopped and even then only if it's really humid or raining. Crack it open and it goes away. For all around dual-sport riding, this is the one I've been using. The ACX-3 gets used on days where I'll be mostly dodging branches or if it's really hot, and the street helmet typically gets used for commuting duty and cold weather.
Back to top Go down
bash3r

bash3r

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:41 pm

X-Racer wrote:
I have Arai (Quantum/Fs and VX-Pro), Shoei RF-1Ks and a THOR SVR. All seem to fit well. I must have an average head. Helmets - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

I tried the Shoei, XD3 and TLD SuMo helmets and the Arai was the only one that seemed to fit for me.

The question is: Where do I get one with the least wallet evacuation !

I picked mine up off of ADVrider's Flea Market.. got a great shape Shoei Hornet DS and just love it.. everything on the helmet is replaceable, very quite, fits great!! I've sen them over on ADV for $245, but gotta shop daily or else they go fast!

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526161
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

I think someone needs to design and market a replaceable visor for both Shoei RF-1000 and Arai Quantum (etal) full-face helmets that include a detachable visor.

It can't be that difficult.
Back to top Go down
skierd

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 3:19 am

I don't think the visor part is hard, but stopping it from screwing up the aero of the helmet is. I'd be happy with a snowmobile style shield...

Oh yeah, I replaced the CL-SP with a RF-1000. I friggin love this thing! On a long ride its not long before I basically forget its there.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 pm

I did it.... I sprung for the XDs for the girl and I.

They were closing out this years "Luster" models for $400 with free shipment.

I'll probably end up selling my year old Suomy White Star. If anyone is interested send me an offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=370310905892

Now I need to buy smoke shields. More $ $ $ $ Grrrr.....
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 1:10 pm

I have a Shoei Hornet DS in size XL and the only thing I don't like about it is that the peak is NOT removable. This is a consideration I think if you are going to make long runs on the highway.

I bought this Vemar because of this is and to use on other toys. The lining material is nice, three shell sizes and quality carbon fiber for relatively cheap! Should be safe too because it met the spec Formula 1 created after Senna died.

http://www.extremesupply.com/vemarhelmets/2009/VemarEclipse.htm#Carbon
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:35 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
I have a Shoei Hornet DS in size XL and the only thing I don't like about it is that the peak is NOT removable. This is a consideration I think if you are going to make long runs on the highway.

I bought this Vemar because of this is and to use on other toys. The lining material is nice, three shell sizes and quality carbon fiber for relatively cheap! Should be safe too because it met the spec Formula 1 created after Senna died.

http://www.extremesupply.com/vemarhelmets/2009/VemarEclipse.htm#Carbon

Are you sure the peak is not removable? The official Shoei web site indicates that it is. Look at the 3 listed configurations by Shoei under "Tech Specs".

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet.aspx?Hornet-DS&h=16&t=2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helmets - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmets   Helmets - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Helmets
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2