Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Klim induction jacket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo167

Klim induction jacket  Empty
PostSubject: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:11 am

So I finally pulled the trigger on this jacket via Amazon...My first experience anything Klim,, not impressed,, and very disappointed  (not unless the copy I received is a prototype abortion)
The excitement faded quick as soon as I put it on.. size was good (that's about it)

• Liner bunched up, had provisions to snap it down, but still bunched up, as if it didn't have snaps/list]

• Right arm much tighter than the left very constricting/list]

• Right elbow armor didn't line up.. no matter how i adjusted it

• Right shoulder armor was in 2 pieces, left one was fine

Truly junk for this price point.. Made in Vietnam? thought this shit was home grown?
        Think it's back to Olympia or Rev'it

Klim induction jacket  Right_10

Klim induction jacket  Left_s10
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:15 am

That's surprising. I bought one late last summer. I expected the liner system to be very marginal. I'd read that most internal liner arrangements are not very effective. However, we get 6-8 inches of rain per year in my area, so I didn't expect to use the liner much. I bought the jacket for summer riding in hot, dry conditions.

My jacket fits well and the armor is fine. Ventilation is decent. I've taken several modest falls on trails while wearing it, with no damage.

The elbow armor didn't appear to line up with my elbows while standing in my living room. However, the armor sits over my elbows once I'm on the bike and in a riding position. I have long arms and an XL size jacket.

The defective jacket you received should definitely go back. And I agree that the jacket is probably priced about $100 too high for what it is.

Dave
Back to top Go down
alansz400

PostSubject: Re: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  EmptyFri May 08, 2015 8:56 am

Sorry to hear that. I have a Klim Latitude that I have only used a few times but so far its great. Fit good right out of the box and kept me dry in a rain storm. First Gear makes good stuff also.
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:20 am

Waiting for reply from the vendor, I mean I hear a lot of good things about Klim and willing to try another one.. This must of got by QC unnoticed or something
I try all my gear sitting on the bike in the position and that right side no matter how I orient it in the armor pocket never sat square on what it's supposed to protect.. The height I managed to get to an acceptable position but on the other axis would have half of my elbow exposed.. You would think they sewn this on a few degrees off target, Mind you the left side is dead on
Back to top Go down
wrwiley

wrwiley

PostSubject: Re: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Ever hear back?

The only issue I have with mine is the velcro around the elbows....there should be more velcro on the strap so they can be tighter around my puny arms, I will probably add some at some point.  I did go down in a minor accident and ended up losing use of my left wrist and forearm arm for 6 months, I think a tighter fit may have helped, but it happened fast so I may have went wrist first so the jacket wouldn't have mattered in that case.

I have not experienced any of the issues you are having.  I dont necessarily love the position of the pads, but as mentioned they feel good when riding. Due to a break in riding its been years since I had a different jacket so can't compare it to the norm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Klim induction jacket    Klim induction jacket  Empty

Back to top Go down

Klim induction jacket
Page 1 of 1