Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Street tire pressure AC10's

Go down 
+3
Phillyride
michiko
Berwyn Henderson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phillyride

Phillyride

Street tire pressure AC10's Empty
PostSubject: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi everyone I can always count on you guys for some good advice!! I put some Michelin AC10's on my WR and as I have read they are way shitty on the road loss all confidence riding on the street!!!!! I was wondering what pressure you guys/girls think I should use on the street with these tires? Does riding with less pressure make these better on the street? I have rim locks and I am running 20 front 27 psi rear. Please what are your thoughts? Or are the tires just going to be good in the dirt and I have to just deal with them on the street? Thanks !!!! Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:04 pm

About 5 over
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks Berwyn - that is I'm running 5 psi over what you think I should be ?
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:27 am

i found the pretty good on the road once they are worn in. they get pretty sketchy at the end though.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:33 am

Thanks michiko what. Pressure do you run on the road?
Back to top Go down
Dogen

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:42 am

I really like the AC10s but I do a lot more trail riding than street riding. I usually only have to ride 10-20 mins to get to the trails. I'm lazy and prefer not to change tire pressure during a ride so I run my tires at 18-20 psi. I figure that's a little low for Tarmac and a little high for the woods but an acceptable compromise for both. when I've had to ride more than 30 mins to get to a trail I've increased the pressure to 23-25 psi.
Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Phillyride wrote:
Thanks michiko what. Pressure do you run on the road?

Joe, I run 14-15lbs and don't change it. I feel it's a good overall compromise for street and off road.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Funny I run my front around 18 and rear at 14 to 15, the reason I run the front more as I ride in some rocky terrain and bent my front rim, nothing a hammer did not fix, not bad but enough to make me start to think, low pressure great traction, but take the chance of bent rim, pinched tube, all good.
Back to top Go down
MADDOGGIE501

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Owners manual recommends 18 front 25 rear. I put in Moose Tubes and run 15 front and 18 rear, both on street and off road. So far its done a nice job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street tire pressure AC10's   Street tire pressure AC10's Empty

Back to top Go down

Street tire pressure AC10's
Page 1 of 1