Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?

Go down 
+4
IAmABug
RattTongue
motokid
zone47
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? Empty
PostSubject: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

I cranked mine up to 25#, but am thinking that's too much. dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 am

Depends on temperature...but 25 lbs is not excessive at all for street tires on asphalt.

I run 28 lbs front and 30 lbs rear for most normal riding.

When it gets real cold I might drop down to 24 and 26 if I plan to do some sporting riding and not just commuting.

If you're using true street tires....25 is far from abnormal.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
RattTongue

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I run dirt tires and only ride on street to commute to work. I usually run around 25psi in both. However, when I ride dirt on the weekends if the trails are not to tech I run around 10-15psi. Lately I have just been leaving it at 15psi for street as well. If I ride anything slightly technical I will lower to 10 or less but I don't ever run that low on the street.

So, my question is, do I really need to up the pressure for street? Any real issue with leaving it at 15psi. Especially in the front I feel like I have more stopping power with lower psi which is my main concern running dirt tires on the street.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:12 pm

I have Mitas c-20/c-21 on my bike. I am running 17psi front and 15psi rear. I ride mostly dirt as well with daily commuting. Never change the pressure. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Would probably be very helpful for people asking these questions to post the exact tire they're using and have questions about.

If you're talking about knobbie pressures on asphalt, then somebody like Skierd or Shewolf might have some valuable information.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm running Shinko 705s on X wheels. I normally run 24F/27R according to gauge on my inflator. That gauge reads high by 3-4 lbs so I'm probably running 21/24 actual.

If I run a higher pressure on either end the balance is crap in corners (whichever end is running higher doesn't want to stick). If I run them both higher the bike is less forgiving of road conditions so I can't push as hard on my typical cracked/bumpy road conditions.

I run 95% concrete/asphalt
Back to top Go down
maddaddy

maddaddy

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 am

zone47 wrote:
I cranked mine up to 25#, but am thinking that's too much. dunno

Have you checked the manual??

On the street, I ride with max pressure according to the manual. By doing that, you will extend the life of most knobby tires.

Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm

I have run the street as low as 12 or 13 pounds with no issues.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:35 pm

I have an X with stock tires & am running the factory recommended pressures for a 198 or less, which is 29 front & 29 rear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?   What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding? Empty

Back to top Go down

What air pressure do you run for mostly street riding?
Page 1 of 1