Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serp

New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C. Empty
PostSubject: New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.   New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C. EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 7:11 pm

After much looking for a used WR250R, I was lucky to find a slightly used 2015 right here on the island. The WR's don't seem to come up for sale very often, and when they do, they sell very quickly.

I bought this bike to fill the gap between my Trials riding (Gas Gas 250 Raga) and my Adventure Touring bike (R1200GSW). I did a lot of research after my friend and I decided we're going to do the Continental Divide Trail from Antelope Wells to Banff next year. The WR seemed like it would be a great bike for this ride (and trails around here that are too hard to do on a big bike).

I've only taken the WR for one short ride and am very impressed already. It came with a good skid plate, rad guard, hand guards and tail rack. I'm planning to add a large tank (IMS 4.7 most likely), change the gearing (probably 13/47 or similar), swap out the levers, and a different seat (probably seat concepts) - the factory seat feels like a plank!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to many years of adventure on the new ride. cheers
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.   New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C. EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 1:26 am

Welcome fellow BCer, I run 13-47 it is better, for single track and all the way around, where I was using 1st and 2nd in the bush I can now use 3rd and sometimes 4th. also have the seat, its great for better comfort but slippery for the bush, not much leg grip. I do like this little flickable bike, would not want to do long highway miles on her but local roads and bush pretty good, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.   New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C. EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 4:52 pm

For Vancouver Island and coming off a trials bike you will want lower gearing at least 12 - 48.
I ran that for years and I am just now trying 12 - 50. I use to have a Beta TR32 and then a Scorpa Easy and from riding a trials bike I like the lower gearing.
Check out dualsportbc.com for local rides in your area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.   New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C. Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member from Vancouver Island, B.C.
Page 1 of 1