Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
speersie
zone47
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... Empty
PostSubject: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:37 am

I wonder if Yamaha will still honor the warranty? amazon

My bike has many of the mods listed on this site and a FMF pipe. Will that raise any eyebrows or will they just fix the stator and be done with it?
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:13 am

zone47 wrote:
I wonder if Yamaha will still honor the warranty? amazon

My bike has many of the mods listed on this site and a FMF pipe.   Will that raise any eyebrows or will they just fix the stator and be done with it?

I had no issues in Australia with my local dealer. I have FMF Q4, Megabomb, PCV, AIS and EXUP deleted and flapper mod.

Our guys said unofficially the only issue they would pull me up on is if a mod were the cause of the warranty job. In which case I'd be out of luck otherwise they had no issues. Mine is still under factory warranty so I am yet to hack up the airbox.

I'm sure not all dealers are the same but this was my experience. And a factory recall should be no issue.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:14 am

Doubt your mods will effect anything because Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, is saying the bike needs the stator changed.
Period.

If you tried claiming warranty coverage because the engine seized and when the bike was inspected it revealed you thought it was cool to ride around with no airbox attached, then your concerns are valid.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:44 am

Yes, this isn't a warranty issue. It is a safety recall. No questions asked, they perform the procedure provided to them by Yamaha.

Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:15 pm

dmmcd wrote:
Yes, this isn't a warranty issue. It is a safety recall. No questions asked, they perform the procedure provided to them by Yamaha.

True. It is a safety recall. Yamaha does NOT want that stator to fail. They will replace it even if you are the umpteenth owner, with a modded bike.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm

I had mine done and it has all the standard mods. You'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Its not an issue, my bike is modded to death with a beat up skid plate the dealer had to remove to do the recall and they never said a word about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...   If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you take your modified WR in for the stator warranty ...
Page 1 of 1