Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trans American Trail in June 2016

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Trans American Trail in June 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Trans American Trail in June 2016   Trans American Trail in June 2016 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 3:40 am

Postponed due to father's questionable health.

More than likely will take the historical route that starts in Tennessee, but open to meeting on the east coast somewhere, just to make it a coast to coast run. From Oregon I plan on heading north to Alaska, so any takers will be on their own for the trip back, unless they want to forge north too.
My bike is ready. Finished a 5,340 mile trek in May, and fine tuned my load. Aside from hashing out a roll chart, I could leave tomorrow... but June is traditionally the ideal launch window.

Full disclaimer, I like roughin it, motels are for the weak, camping and good use of camp stove are the norm. I DO like the occasional tavern, patio bands, collecting vittles for a camp stew, and telling/hearing rotten jokes or trading war stories, so long as it's good company, and mutual respect abounds.
 Looking for fellow riders, What say YOU ?!

My ride (photo from May 2015)...
Bike and load has evolved a bit since then. Will update outfit photos come spring, leading up to departure.
Trans American Trail in June 2016 610
Trans American Trail in June 2016 510
Trans American Trail in June 2016 5210
God is good

Last edited by Ziabeam on Sat May 21, 2016 10:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: Trans American Trail in June 2016   Trans American Trail in June 2016 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 10:53 am

[quote="Ziabeam"]Advised a few friends to mark their calendar. June 10th 2016 side stands up.
Pretty sure my friends won't make it. They are already making excuses, or moving out of state... Life happens.

Planning the route between now and then. More than likely will take the historical route that starts in Tennessee, but open to meeting on the east coast somewhere, just to make it a coast to coast run. From Oregon I plan on heading north to Alaska, so any takers will be on their own for the trip back, unless they want to forge north too.
My bike is ready. Finished a 5,340 mile trek in May, and fine tuned my load. Aside from hashing out a roll chart, I could leave tomorrow... but June is traditionally the ideal launch window.

Full disclaimer, I like roughin it, motels are for the weak, dope smokers and the rainbow coalition type would not enjoy my company. I DO like the occasional tavern, patio bands, collecting vittles for a camp stew, and telling/hearing rotten jokes or trading war stories, so long as it's good company, and mutual respect abounds.
 What say YOU ?!

What kind of fuel range do you get with that tank?
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Trans American Trail in June 2016   Trans American Trail in June 2016 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2016 1:34 pm

APPLESEED 951 wrote:

What kind of fuel range do you get with that tank?

Between 180-280 actual.
Best on improved trail type rides, with sedate throttle and speed avg around 40-50mph...
Worst when WOT above 70mph into the wind, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trans American Trail in June 2016   Trans American Trail in June 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trans American Trail in June 2016
Page 1 of 1