Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrenolin

Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:44 pm

Hello.. Took my BRC last weekend and got my DE license endorsement for motorcycles this past week! Haven't been on a motorcycle in 25+ years and loved the course. Highly recommended!

Been looking at different bikes for the last year and was thinking on a Triumph Speedmaster until I bought my 5 yo son a TTR50 dirt bike a few months ago. So.. goodbye sweet classic cruiser.. hello some type of dirt bike. Since I wanted to ride on the road and the dirt the direction of the Adventure Bike / Dual Sport took hold. After more and more reading I've "settled"  wink  on the Yamaha WR250R and think it'll be great fun for both myself and the little guy being able to ride together!

I stopped in a couple dealers for quotes, called a few others, asked if they had them in stock or not and then finally renegotiated the highest quote from the nearest dealer to the lowest on a 2015. Not in stock however I gave them a deposit and they brought one in from another store today. I dropped in and was able to finally sit on one and loved it! While my 29/30" inseam can just tiptoe on the seat I'll drop it slightly to increase my comfort levels for now. The stock 1" drop and a bit off the forks might do it. If not I picked up a YamaLink for $40 bucks and had a set of trex sliders tossed in for free. I'll use the yamaLink for now if needed and plan to add a Corbin Seat next spring which has ~1" dropped seat so I'll be able to remove the link then, if used.

I stop in tomorrow to look after the paperwork and payment. Having it delivered hopefully tomorrow after noon due to the weather and the fact my new Arai XD4 helmet hasn't arrived yet. Gives me time to fully inspect the bike, lower it a bit, rub some wax on everything and simply admire it for a few days while we weather out this incoming storm.

Now.. lets see how long I can wait before I start ordering mods.. DRC Edge2, Zeta XC handguards w/flashers, black plastics, etc, etc. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 12:30 am

Welcome to the club bud, with the yamylink and the forks dropped,(no more than an inch) you should be fine, I ride with my little boy also, hes 34 and 6ft 3in and rides a husky te310 I see him at the trailer when we unload and catch up to him at the trailer when we reload, its so much fun hahahaha no actually he stops every so often and say "well captain slow" how you doing, ready for more, I would not trade his shit for anything, my daughter rides, shes 31 and my daughter inlaw rides also, you will make so many memories with your little one, its great, make sure you take lots of pic`s for when you get older, great family sport, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks! Nothing like spending quality time with the kids for sure. He was born with a camera in his face pretty much as both the wife and I enjoy photography and our son got his own Pentax WG3 Tough camera on his 3rd birthday. Over the last 2 years he has taken over 5000 photos in 11 states and 3 Canadian Canuckistani provinces. We have looked at maybe 1000 and it's fantastic looking at photos from his POV and age. I decided that for the most part I was going to wait 5 years before we'd start looking through the photos taken 5 year prior and continue each year after that. Kinda like a photobomb time capsule if you will. Very happy We travel a lot however thats now changed with him in Kindergarten and we cant disappear for months on end. I tossed him in the car seat at 5 weeks of age and left for Canada for a couple weeks and 5 years later we have traveled about 45k miles together. Not a single second of that time I'd be willing to give away.

Well I was on Progressive's website just now looking up Insurance and the dealer called. I had asked them about the Stator yesterday and was told it had been done however he just told me it hasn't been done yet and they just ordered the replacement part which should be in Tuesday. I guess they figured the original dealer who assembled the bike should have done the recall but hadn't. I said that's fine and it wasn't an issue since its raining for the next week anyways. So.. Looks like it'll be next Wednesday until I get it now.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Adrenolin wrote:
....Gives me time to fully inspect the bike, lower it a bit, rub some wax on everything and simply admire it for a few days.... Very happy
Don't rub wax on it... hit it with some sandpaper and throw a few rocks at it. That way you think less about picking a safe line (which usually backfires), and more time picking a good fun line.
Back to top Go down
dfoustou

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Adrenolin wrote:
Hello.. Took my BRC last weekend and got my DE license endorsement for motorcycles this past week! Haven't been on a motorcycle in 25+ years and loved the course. Highly recommended!

Been looking at different bikes for the last year and was thinking on a Triumph Speedmaster until I bought my 5 yo son a TTR50 dirt bike a few months ago. So.. goodbye sweet classic cruiser.. hello some type of dirt bike. Since I wanted to ride on the road and the dirt the direction of the Adventure Bike / Dual Sport took hold. After more and more reading I've "settled"  wink  on the Yamaha WR250R and think it'll be great fun for both myself and the little guy being able to ride together!

I stopped in a couple dealers for quotes, called a few others, asked if they had them in stock or not and then finally renegotiated the highest quote from the nearest dealer to the lowest on a 2015. Not in stock however I gave them a deposit and they brought one in from another store today. I dropped in and was able to finally sit on one and loved it! While my 29/30" inseam can just tiptoe on the seat I'll drop it slightly to increase my comfort levels for now. The stock 1" drop and a bit off the forks might do it. If not I picked up a YamaLink for $40 bucks and had a set of trex sliders tossed in for free. I'll use the yamaLink for now if needed and plan to add a Corbin Seat next spring which has ~1" dropped seat so I'll be able to remove the link then, if used.

I stop in tomorrow to look after the paperwork and payment. Having it delivered hopefully tomorrow after noon due to the weather and the fact my new Arai XD4 helmet hasn't arrived yet. Gives me time to fully inspect the bike, lower it a bit, rub some wax on everything and simply admire it for a few days while we weather out this incoming storm.

Now.. lets see how long I can wait before I start ordering mods.. DRC Edge2, Zeta XC handguards w/flashers, black plastics, etc, etc. Very happy

Enjoy and just ride it to the 10Krpm.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 4:16 pm

So you ended up with that yamalink... I had emailed the guy on Craigslist, but never could find the time to drive down to DE and grab it from him. Heck of a deal!
Back to top Go down
Adrenolin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 11:12 pm

Prime wrote:
So you ended up with that yamalink... I had emailed the guy on Craigslist, but never could find the time to drive down to DE and grab it from him. Heck of a deal!

Lol sorry Very happy It was a heck of a deal and the seller was a very nice guy. He bought WRR with them but didn't need them.

Had my bike delivered Friday and went for a quick ride of about 30 miles. Got home and that night installed a Trail Tech Vapor and dropped the bike with stock settings. Today I got up and installed the YamaLink and t-Rex sliders then rode Route 9 for about 60 miles hitting some dirt and mud along the canal to dirty the bike up a bit. Liked the new seat height of 36.25". I'll be adding a Corbin seat next year and sill the the 1" lowered version. At that point I might reinstall the stock link and sell the YamaLink..

Sell it to ya for $80 bucks lol poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware   Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a new rider and WRR owner in Delaware
Page 1 of 1