Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Down and Out in Cow Town

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CDNSXV

CDNSXV

Down and Out in Cow Town Empty
PostSubject: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:11 am

I haven't been around for a while cause ...... I crashed my SXV and broke my leg in half. GAHHHH

It was the last track night of the season and I told myself to just have fun and take it easy. Unfortunately my racer personality got out of the cage and I just had to make a questionable pass on a guy I thought was slower than he turned out to be. I got into the corner too deep, too fast and too late and ended up slamming into him taking us both out. Thankfully he walked away with minor scrapes and bruises.

On the other hand I didn't fare so well: I snapped my right femur clean in half, chipped the hip socket, bashed the hell out of my left shoulder, rashed my left knee and cracked my right pinky amongst other assorted bruises and contusions. I was wearing full race leathers with full body armour and back protector and the crash probably wasn't faster than 40 kms/hr so it is very possible to do yourself a lot of damage at a fairly moderate speed. Wear gear always! horse

Pic of my leg about ten days after the accident. The staples mark the ends of the titanium rod they screwed into my femur.

Down and Out in Cow Town BrokenLeg

Apparently the bike flipped ten feet in the air (according to witnesses) and came down on its spine with the tires pointing straight up. All the damage is on the top of the bars and the tail section.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 5:58 am

Bummer, dude.. accidents are never good. Heal up fast.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:35 pm

damn,sorry to hear about that....hope you heal up quickly.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 1:40 am

Ooooo..... Dude... glad you're otherwise ok... that looks NASTY eeek
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:19 am

Well, at least you only seem to be doing this on the last motard night of the season. You'll be right as rain by spring and we can plan some motard trail rides!

Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down and Out in Cow Town   Down and Out in Cow Town Empty

Back to top Go down

Down and Out in Cow Town
Page 1 of 1