Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Winter is right around the corner....

Go down 
+7
Chrispy1200
SheWolf
rokka
Jäger
ZED
0007onWR
wildmotha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wildmotha

wildmotha

Winter is right around the corner.... Empty
PostSubject: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 5:30 pm

So here's what i'm thinking Winter is right around the corner.... 810411

http://www.explorermoto.com/home_en.aspx

Anyone have or ridden one of these kits?? I love my snowmobile, but I'd like to argue with the cops that this machine is street legal!! HA HA....maybe not DOT, but I wanna ride around town on this thing! (our roads are mostly snow covered in winter)
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:21 pm

I've seen quite a few snowbikes around
They look like a lot of fun but they take some big power to make time, even a 450 is barely enough
I doubt it would be much fun on hard compact snow like a road
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 pm

Scheiβe!!! Winter is right around the corner.... 9356
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:03 pm

LOL
It's OK
Put a Turbo on your sled instead
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 pm

I'd like to see your sled..... Winter is right around the corner.... 810411 I share your powder riding passion....but we rarely see it out here.
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Here are mine...

02 SX600R for the lakes

Winter is right around the corner.... DSC01016

07 Phazer for the bumps

Winter is right around the corner.... Sledhead

( LOL please disregard the jeans it was just for the picture when we got her)

Not impressive I know. Shit, collectively they don't make 240hp, not even close!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Now, now, we'll have none of that W talk!
Next you'll be using the S word and that is Right Out!!!

We don't actually get enough of the white sh!t to be useful around here, just enough to make the already slow moronic drivers do about 15mph on the fast roads.

I did look at an S-bike kit at the MC show. Someone was saying that yes, they do take a lot of power. Also, most engines aren't meant to deliver full power for that long so I expect it would be very hard on things.

Personally I keep wondering what happens when you're in 3-5 feet of that white sh!t and you need to dab a foot. eeek ...
(maybe you need to have a saint-Bernard following you?)
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:22 am

LOL Maybe attach some snow blades to the feet!!

"Right Out!!!"

Thou shall not use the W or S unless thou shall procedeth to spring or summer in thy mercy, F shall be the season in counting and the season in counting shall be F.....

Winter is right around the corner.... 851577 Winter is right around the corner.... 851577 Winter is right around the corner.... 851577
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:21 am

wildmotha wrote:
So here's what i'm thinking Winter is right around the corner.... 810411

http://www.explorermoto.com/home_en.aspx

Anyone have or ridden one of these kits?? I love my snowmobile, but I'd like to argue with the cops that this machine is street legal!! HA HA....maybe not DOT, but I wanna ride around town on this thing! (our roads are mostly snow covered in winter)
On a winter warfare exercise last January ( -53, 75 mph winds - great fun!), we watched a bunch of guys on thumpers trying to kill themselves in avalanche chutes we had just dug pits in. Looked like they were really enjoying themselves while we were deciding that if the slopes let go, they were just out of F'ing luck, because we weren't going in those death traps to try and save them.

Anyways, they looked and sounded like big thumpers, although we didn't get very close to them. One was a KTM, that's about all I could tell.

They do look like an absolute blast, and a local Yammy dealer has one sitting on the shop floor for... about $2800 if I recall correctly. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that even though the WR wears Superman's cape, all the resistance in that machinery coupled with the resistance of the snow will simply overpower the wee beasty.

I'd love to tour over hill and dale once the snow was down on my bike, but if I ever do that I don't think it will be on my little WR.

The thought of pushing or towing one of them out of the woods is rather scary... I think I'd leave it until spring...
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

wildmotha wrote:
I'd like to see your sled..... Winter is right around the corner.... 810411 I share your powder riding passion....but we rarely see it out here.

Ahh, Nice to see you are a Yamaha man
I live in the central interior of BC where the Turbo 4 stroke sled was first unveiled
Had a couple turbo sleds, now I have a 40th anniversary Nytro Mtn with a 162x2.25 camo and an MCxpress turbo at 15 or so lbs boost, put's it around the 250HP range
I have owned stuff from every product group and modded most of them and there aint nothin like a big power sled in big mountain terrain and deep soft snow
This link shows some of the Revelstoke stuff, Look for the Randy Swenson segment (not me, he's a sledn buddy and a god in the mountains)
http://www.bigskyx.com/bsx_video_gallery.html

Argggg, Why cant I remember how to put a freakin pic up!!!
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 am

Jäger: Sach mal, sprechen Sie ein bißchen Deutsch? Ich glaube auch, dass unser Moped nicht genug Gas hat!! Mann braucht richtig Power!!

0007onWR: Holy F'ckin $hit! I've drueled over the videos (two stroke cold smoke, slednecks, etc.), but never knew anyone who actually does it like that....WOW to say the least!

ZED: That was from Monty Python....come on!!! LOL (one of my favorites)
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:29 pm

LOL
I aint one o the hero's, honestly the talent pool is real deep round these parts
I'm lucky to get to ride with the boys and see it first hand, actually I think I'm in the Thunderstruck 8 vid getting Randy unstuck on a vertical climb
I gotta say, whatever you see on video is Much more intimidating in real life, it's hard to believe a sled will climb a vertical slope at 50MPH, there's a whole new meaning to the word steep
Look for the "Boost" series (there's 3), 90% Revelstoke area, also look for the "Big Iron shootout" vids on you tube
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:02 pm

I know what you mean. Depth perception is hard on camera...especially in snow!! We used to video our FJ40 offroading on some seriously scary grades, then be all excited to see how the video turned out and it never depicted the actual steepness.

Seeing that stuff first hand is the way to go. I went to my first motocross race last weekend and had a blast, they weren't pros or anything, but it was great. Seeing bikes fly 20 feet over your head is awesome, and seeing the little kids go just as big as the experts is even cooler. Man, just to be involved with those guys on the videos is totally awesome in my book.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Soon   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 am

Soon im going to take a ride on this Winter is right around the corner.... 61865

Winter is right around the corner.... 1iy54i

Last edited by rokka on Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: My home town   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:46 am

A winter picture of my home town Kiruna

Winter is right around the corner.... 34q5nwx
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Swedens highest mountain   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:56 am

A picture of Swedens highest mountain Kebnekaise. Not far away from where i live.

Winter is right around the corner.... I41gnq

Last edited by rokka on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildmotha

wildmotha

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Wow, that's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:30 am

Hey Rokka
Do you know Eric from McXpress turbo's?
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:50 am

0007onWR wrote:
Hey Rokka
Do you know Eric from McXpress turbo's?

No i dont know Erik. But Mcexpress is familiar. Everybody with Yamaha snowmobiles who have turbo on there sleds bye them from Mcexpress.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Winter is right around the corner....   Winter is right around the corner.... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am