Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Footpegs - on the cheap?

Go down 
+4
Biglake
Janet from Joisey
BCRider
rsteiger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BCRider

Footpegs - on the cheap? Empty
PostSubject: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:42 pm

I found these footpegs on amazon for a 2001-2012 WRF.

http://www.amazon.ca/Motocross-Footrests-2001-2012-Yamaha-WR250F/dp/B016E55V94/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1453149472&sr=8-6&keywords=wr250r+footpegs

1. Will they fit 2014 WRR?
2. Are they too cheap and cause me to break my crotch?

Thanks eeek
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Those like a lot like the drc pegs, they should be fine.
The stock pegs aren't the strongest pegs by a long shot, I bet they're just as tough as stock.

PS drc pegs are really cheap too, I paid 50 bucks for mine a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Hmmm, looking into the DRC ones now.. 56.95 at Gnarly Parts isn't bad thumb

Do you know which ones are compatible with WRR?

WR250F (2001-2009)
WR250F (2011-2013)
YZ250
YZ250F
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:51 am

Rule of thumb..

In general most WR250F parts will not fit a WR250R.

I bought a set of aftermarket pegs for my WR250R that were listed to fit a WR250R and WR250F. They did not fit my WR250R. Not sure if they sent me the wrong pegs since I returned them and found a guy who was stripping his WR250R and I bought his pegs.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:06 pm

rsteiger wrote:
Rule of thumb..

In general most WR250F parts will not fit a WR250R.

I bought a set of aftermarket pegs for my WR250R that were listed to fit a WR250R and WR250F.  They did not fit my WR250R.
Thanks rsteiger,
That gives me reason for pause on buying the DRC pegs - it's the same part # for all the Yamaha bikes they have listed on the site, YZ's and WRF's alike: D48-02-406.

I'll keep up the search and maybe another dealer has specific DRCs for WRR dunno
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 pm

I just put a set of DRC pegs on my bike at Christmas. SR Moto has them for $49.95. They fit and operate just fine as long as you put the spring on correctly. They show them for WR250R and X.
Back to top Go down
Janet from Joisey

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 9:45 am

I bought these for ~$70.  Nice platform for stand-up riding.  They're robust, feel bombproof, USA made. YMMV JfJ

"IMS Super Stock foot pegs are made from 17-4 stainless steel with a gray powder coat finish. Roughly 2" by 3" in dimension"

https://www.imsproducts.com/Products/index.cfm?ManufacturerSet=Yamaha&maD=true&ModelSet=WR250R&modD=true&yeD=true&siD=true&TypeSet=Footpegs&SeriesSet=Super%20Stock&sed=true&tyd=true#
Footpegs - on the cheap? 27
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 1:23 pm

Traveller wrote:
I just put a set of DRC pegs on my bike at Christmas.   SR Moto has them for $49.95.   They fit and operate just fine as long as you put the spring on correctly.   They show them for WR250R and X.

I wish I could find these in Canada!
The ones they sell at SR Moto includes the WRR/X spring that is different from the YZ's and WRF's.

This spring: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DRC-Spring-for-Chromoly-Wide-Footpeg-YAMAHA-WR250R/161939650094?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140620075055%26meid%3D6d92f464df014b9d994e72276a092915%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D151922683431

I'd buy the pegs from gnarlyparts.ca and then the spring from ebay to get what you got from SR.. problem is i'm cheap and a $5 spring will translate into $30 after shipping and exchange to Canada GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Check at the local bike dealer.
Drc pegs for the wrr/x are in the kimpex catalog which most dealers can get parts from. thumb
Back to top Go down
carlrf

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 am

BCRider wrote:
I found these footpegs on amazon for a 2001-2012 WRF.
------------------( I couldn't post the link due to being a new member FYI)
------------------------------------------------------------
1. Will they fit 2014 WRR?
2. Are they too cheap and cause me to break my crotch?

Thanks  eeek

Just an FYI. I bought these pegs for a KLR I had a while back. They are plenty strong, no problem there but as I recall they moved my feet forward I think (or some direction don't remember exactly) that was objectionable. I took them off, resold them and returned to the originals.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:57 pm

I had the same issue with DRC pegs on my WRR.
The extra width is on the front of the peg moving my foot forward, I hit the shifter a couple of times knocking the bike into neutral while climbing hills so I put em on the gasgas I had at the time and the more rearward pegs off the gasgas on the WRR. I liked those pegs but broke em so im running stock pegs again, I've bent them but they never broke and I was able to straighten them.

IMO the DRC pegs would be alright if you have smallish feet but with my size 12 mx boots they aren't as good as stock.
The next pegs I buy will be offset to the rear, I'll likely get the fastway pegs and run them in the rearward/lowboy way.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 7:21 pm

If they didnt cost so much I think I would go with the pivot pegs, Revzilla has them, think they would be he best of all worlds,
when you have size 14 boots it would make shifting easier, my shifter is as high as it can go.
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:32 am

Thanks all.. think I'll stick with the stock foot pegs until something wide comes out at a reasonable price that won't make shifting too cramped.
Right now seems like the price jumps from $50 to $200 in a real hurry.
Those IMS ones look good, still not cheap in canada though.. hmm
Back to top Go down
GhostShiftZ

GhostShiftZ

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 pm

There are a bunch of bikes that use the same pegs, I bought stock yz250 pegs and their 100% better than stock or the junk DRC stuff
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 pm

GhostShiftZ wrote:
There are a bunch of bikes that use the same pegs, I bought stock yz250 pegs and their 100% better than stock or the junk DRC stuff

Does all YZ250 pegs fit?
There are plenty of decent priced, but they are also listed to fit WR250F (hence, shouldn't fit WR250R).

Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Check out my post on https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t12408-custom-made-high-quality-stainless-steel-foot-pegs

Don´t know what his current price is, but they were pretty cheap when i bought mine (for another bike) some years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs - on the cheap?   Footpegs - on the cheap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Footpegs - on the cheap?
Page 1 of 1