Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomsdad

Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. Empty
PostSubject: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 10:17 am

Just a quick "hello".

I've had my WRR for a week now and what a great bike.I sold my TTR250 and XT660R as i had to go to one bike and i'm really happy with my choice.

Mod's so far-
Renthal bars.
Yamaha skid plate.
Yamaha hand guards.
Yamaha rack.
Pirelli tyres with rim clamps.
Tail tidy.

Only got two hundred miles on the clock with one hundred of those- off road on our "green lanes".
I can only do a couple more cheap mods.....lower gearing and the flapper mod,but more will follow when funds allow.
Here are a couple of pictures taken on the Salisbury Plain army training area of Wiltshire-

Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. IMG_3764
Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. IMG_3766
Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. IMG_3767
They don't stay new for long Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. 93746
Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. IMG_3814-1

Cheers for now,
Andy.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:26 am

Welcome, HI!

*nice work space
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 am

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
LPB

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi
I'm not that far from you - what tyes have you put on?
Lloyd
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Nice.
I put the same kind of brushguards on my WR-250R. :)
Back to top Go down
Tomsdad

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:53 am

LPB wrote:
Hi
I'm not that far from you - what tyes have you put on?
Lloyd

Hi Lloyd.
I fitted a Pirelli Scorpion Pro road legal enduro tyre on the front and a Pirelli MT21 tyre on the back.H/D tubes and rim clamps fitted, run at 12psi.

BTW.A mate of mine lives in Midhurst,next time i'm over that way i'll give you a shout Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. 61865 and maybe we could have a day on the lanes.

Cheers,
Andy.
Back to top Go down
LPB

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:13 am

Thanks Andy,
Would be up for a ride. I had to get the SM version as I couldnt find an R anywhere. Just waiting on the wheels now,
Lloyd.
Back to top Go down
LPB

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 am

Sorry, meant to ask, what tail tidy is that?
Lloyd
Back to top Go down
Tomsdad

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:43 am

LPB wrote:
Sorry, meant to ask, what tail tidy is that?
Lloyd

It's an Evotech one,just under sixty quid off e-bay.It's very well made and comes with all the fittings,number plate light etc.
For some reason they have only put them on the "Yamaha WR250 R" section of e-bay but they are the same.

Cheers,
Andy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.   Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K. Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting from the fine county of Somerset,U.K.
Page 1 of 1