Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What is powered by "backup fuse"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

What is powered by "backup fuse"? Empty
PostSubject: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:07 pm

I just picked up a 2008 WR250R and am fitting it for me.  Can't wait to get riding on it.  In checking things out, I see in the fuse panel a fuse labeled "backup fuse".  Can anyone tell me what this controls?

I want to put a 12 volt Powerlet socket on it and would prefer it to be switched (not directly off the battery) so I'm looking at what does what in the fuse box.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:28 pm

It's a backup fuse....As in it's a spare fuse in case you need a spare.....
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:33 pm

The Service Manual shows it under the EFI circuit diagram.

I think the spares are labeled "reserve".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Well, I did wonder if "backup" might mean "spare", but since the three at the side that are labeled spare, I figured maybe the "backup" actually powered something.

Okay. Followup question. Is there an online service manual or an easy place to acquire one? I have one for my V-Strom and do a lot of my own maintenance. It's nice to have one for bikes that I plan to keep and I think the WR250R will be a keeper. Besides, having the service manual will help me wire up the power outlet. It makes it easier to trace the switched circuits.

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 11:15 pm

check your PM
Back to top Go down
Mozart 2

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:13 am

I think it powers the "backup" lights...when you're in reverse... wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is powered by "backup fuse"?   What is powered by "backup fuse"? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is powered by "backup fuse"?
Page 1 of 1