Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks

Go down 
+3
Jens Eskildsen
mcdoudlehopper
ADVFTW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks Empty
PostSubject: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Hey everyone! I am new to the forum, and new to the WRR world. I just bought a 2016!!

My question is what is the expected fuel mileage bone stock, and what is the mileage with a IMS 3.1 tank

Thank you, Great forum and what convinced me to get a WRR
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Welcome! I get about 90 miles before my fuel light comes on. Can usually run around town for three days after without filling up. The bike stock is advertised at 80mpg depending on how you ride and conditions. Usually if I head to the woods most of the day, I carry one liter of fuel. Ive been thinking about the three gal tank but have yet to go on an ALL DAY ride or over night Motocamping. Just hasn't been needed yet with carrying some fuel. I would let some other people chime in and get some other opinions. Currently carrying a MSR fuel bottle.

http://www.amazon.com/MSR-MSRFUELBOTT-Fuel-Bottle/dp/B002L1413S
Back to top Go down
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:33 pm

I get about 160km out of a stock tank before i get nervous. Thats just over 20km/l which should be around 50mpg.
Thats with a modded bike, and a somewhat heavy throttle at times..

*EDIT* My odometer is about 6% off, so you can add that to the above...
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 12:56 pm

My bike's mileage varies between 20 and 60 MPG, depending where and how I'm riding. That mileage, including the variation, is consistent regardless my fuel tank size and/or any extra fuel I'm carrying. (This assumes the effect of extra fuel weight on MPG is negligible.)

If I want to know how far I can travel I estimate MPG based on the kind of riding I plan to do and then multiply that times the amount of fuel I'm going to carry.

I don't understand the relevance of the original question or the answers supplied so far. More or less fuel capacity doesn't appreciably affect fuel consumption rate (efficiency) and actual fuel efficiency depends on RPM, gearing, terrain, rider weight, gear carried, and other fun stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 1:21 pm

I was just meaning average riding (on and off road) stock mileage on a tank, vs having the extra fuel how much longer you are able to go in between fill ups. Obviously there are many factors that go into mpg.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Jens Eskildsen wrote:
I get about 160km out of a stock tank before i get nervous. Thats just over 20km/l which should be around 50mpg.

On the flip side, my WRX has all the "standard" mods and I only get 90 km (56 miles) before the light turns on with the stock tank !!! Heavy throttle wrist to squeeze out what little power this bike has.
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 3:09 pm

Using my Garmin 60CSx as an odometer I get ~60 miles to reserve when riding on the fast side in the woods which is 42 mpg.  Other than 14/51 gearing my bike is stock.

-morgan

Evol wrote:
Jens Eskildsen wrote:

On the flip side, my WRX has all the "standard" mods and I only get 90 km (56 miles) before the light turns on with the stock tank !!! Heavy throttle wrist to squeeze out what little power this bike has.
Back to top Go down
ADVFTW

ADVFTW

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks for the input everyone
Back to top Go down
APPLESEED 951

APPLESEED 951

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm

ADVFTW wrote:
Hey everyone! I am new to the forum, and new to the WRR world. I just bought a 2016!!

My question is what is the expected fuel mileage bone stock, and what is the mileage with a IMS 3.1 tank

Thank you, Great forum and what convinced me to get a WRR

when i had my IMS 3.1 gal tank on i would average about 190 - 220 miles on a full tank
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 11:44 pm

You have a 2016 bike I see. Sounds like you need to go ride more and figure this one out. Experience will be the true test. Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks   Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel mileage with aftermarket tanks
Page 1 of 1